Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 18th, 2004, 08:22 PM

Candi got microchiped

I thought i would let you guys know that i got Candi microchiped today. we went to a dog fair today which everyone brought their dogs and went to different booths about microchiping, fee glocoma and dental exams, free doggie snow cones and the purebreed rescues brought dogs for people to adopt. They had the microchips for half price if you got it done today so i had candi done and paid to take my cat Jasmine in to the hospital and have her done (wouldn't have been a good idea to take her lol). so now my babies should have a beter chance of getting back to me if they get lost (hope that never hapens but can't be too careful). candi just loved getting to see all the other dogs. she had a great day between making new friends and getting her first beef flavored snow cone.
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:51 PM

Question Just wondered....

If you took Candi to Uppercredit today for their fair??? And what was the cost of the microchip?? Was it painful?? Did you both have a good time??
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:59 PM

no i'm in houston tx so it was a fair down here. it cost $25, at the hospital it normally costs $40 at least at that particular hospital. they sanatized the area and then sprayed this liquid on it that they told me was cold and would numb the area a little bit (like ice but works faster and is liquid). it didn't seem to hurt her at all, she gave out a little yip but i think it was more because she was scared not hurt. (she is a big baby, keept stopping dead in her tracks and looking at me like why aren't you carrying me mom? lol) there were two goldens i saw have it done first and they didn't make any noise at all, just sat there like they were being petted. there is also a fee of $12.10 (or something like that) when we send in the info to the home again company to get the info in the system. but all in all it wasn't too much. (at least i don't think so).
Old September 19th, 2004, 12:14 AM
~Cat Servent~

LOL...I have to say it....'doggie' snow cones?? Aren't those the ones my mom told me NOT to eat!!!
Old September 19th, 2004, 06:16 PM

Cool Thai got Microchipped today too...

We went to the Wiggle Waggle Walk-a-thon today in Kitchener. It was a fundraiser for our local humane society. It was alot of fun. There was a 6 kilometer hike, and than a pool for the dogs to swim (cool off) in. There were doggie snow cones as well (Thai loved the chicken one), as well as booths for microchips, rabies vaccines, local pet stores, local animal hospitals, as well as doggie obedience classes, etc. There was a great doggie bakery there as well. It is called Creature Comforts, and the woman who owns it does all her own baking. She had Banana biscuits, chicken biscuits, and cheese and bacon biscuits. She even ate one herself to prove there is nothing in there that humans cannot eat. Thai loved them. So we bought a BIG bag...
It was alot of fun, and we came away with some good things... they gave out hankerchiefs to the dogs, that say... Offical Squirrel Chaser.. LOL.
Thai also got a squeekie bone from Petsmart, and lots of treats.
There was also a silent auction with various items.
So all was well, and I think we raised alot of well needed money.
Old September 25th, 2004, 08:50 PM

thought I would let you guys know that I got Jasmine (my cat) done the other day too.
Old September 25th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Den-Den and Corky were both done at the same time they were neutered. They never showed any sensitivity or soreness in the area at all. Made it really easy.
Old September 25th, 2004, 09:31 PM

yeah it didn't bother jasmine at all. but i can actully see and feel candi's which is kind of gross, but it's because her breed is very thin.
Old September 26th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Animal Lover!!

Solara has one too
Talon 7yrs - Male
My Little Chocolate Girl - Solara - ** 10 MONTHS **