Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Sasha and Montana

pbpatti and Sasha were very kind and had Montana and myself out to the trailer at the campsite for dinner and swimming yesterday!

This was Montana's first Nookie Monster free excursion, and his first swim lol. He LOVES the water!! He hasn't been away from Nookie since we got him 3 and half months ago, so I decided to take him with me to Patti's for a little mommy/puppy bonding. It was a little too warm for Nookie, and he can't be off-leash, so he stayed home with daddy. Montana was very freaked out at first, but once he saw Sasha, he quickly forgot he was supposed to be afraid, and headed straight to her
He did AWESOME off-leash!! I was so proud of him
I'm going to have to work on recall a bit, but I think he's going to do great. Here are a few pics from last evening:

Sasha was such a good host and showed him the ropes
He really surprised me with how fearless he was!
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
Senior Contributor

A few more:
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Senior Contributor

And a few more:
Attached Images

Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Senior Contributor

And a few more!

He LOVES to roll and was just going crazy after he got out of the water.
Attached Images

Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Then he found a patch of coal dust...
Name:  482114_10150880933581582_884000427_n.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  87.6 KB
Name:  523587_10150880933891582_2054221223_n.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  85.0 KB
Name:  528462_10150880933296582_1948720127_n.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  104.3 KB

So, of course, they HAD to go for another swim

Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Senior Contributor

And just a few more!
Attached Images

Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Those are great shots Robyn! Montana looks like he may have been thinking "Nookie Who?" he was enjoying himself so much. I actually think that may have been a really good idea to give him time without. Halo was so bonded to Shadow, she was a wreck if we had to go somewhere solo.

In the coal dust pic where he's looking at you he looks like he's saying "What?? It's just a bit of coal dust mom! Chill out!" Those two sure looked like they were best buds just having a ball. Lucky lady that you got invited out - of course here you wouldn't want to go to the lake yet...
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Robyn, thosse pictures turned out great! DD, these two had such a fun time together, Sasha like to be the one being chased and Montana was happy to oblige.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Great set of pics, Robyn!!! I think you have a dock diver on your hands.

omd, I can't believe how Montana has grown! Sasha is looking loverly, too, Patti!

How did you get the coal dust off that silly dude?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Great set of pics, Robyn!!! I think you have a dock diver on your hands. Hazel, you should have seen Montanas very first dive off the dock! He had no fear at all and he had great form!

omd, I can't believe how Montana has grown! Sasha is looking loverly, too, Patti! Montana is a titch taller than Sasha and he weighs pretty much the same.

How did you get the coal dust off that silly dude?
Another swim!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He looks fearless! And he gets great height on those jumps! The Pack is quaking in distaste just thinking about dock diving! heheh

I'm glad the dust all washed off! That would have been a very dirty ride home! I love how Robyn just let him roll while she took pictures of the crime!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
You can call me DOG!

They sure look like they had a blast Robyn. It's always so much fun to see pups play together and socialize as it makes us humans feel warm hearted, observing their enjoyment.

Great photos!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
And just a few more!
That was real fun looking at! You have a beautiful dog! And they're great photos! I took my dog Marty who is part poodle to Maine this weekend .We when a cabin that right next a huge pond and my daughter put Marty in the water and he wanted nothing to do with it! Marty run right out , I guess he does not know poodles are water dogs!
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Those are great shots Robyn! Montana looks like he may have been thinking "Nookie Who?" he was enjoying himself so much. I actually think that may have been a really good idea to give him time without. Halo was so bonded to Shadow, she was a wreck if we had to go somewhere solo.

In the coal dust pic where he's looking at you he looks like he's saying "What?? It's just a bit of coal dust mom! Chill out!" Those two sure looked like they were best buds just having a ball. Lucky lady that you got invited out - of course here you wouldn't want to go to the lake yet...
LoL DD, we haven't had the best of weather here either. It's been mostly windy and cool. We have had a few good days, but not many! That pic... that IS the look!! How funny
And I agree, I think it's a good idea to get Montana out on his own once in awhile. I really hate to think this... but I have to be realistic. With Nookies seizures becoming worse, if he happens to go into SE and we can't pull him out of it, Montana would be completely lost. He has to become a little more independant. I pray that never happens to my sweet Nookie, but you just never know, so it's better to be prepared. If it does happen, I won't be getting anymore pets, at least not for a few years, so Montana will have to get used to being the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
He looks fearless! And he gets great height on those jumps! The Pack is quaking in distaste just thinking about dock diving! heheh

I'm glad the dust all washed off! That would have been a very dirty ride home! I love how Robyn just let him roll while she took pictures of the crime!
LOL Hazel... he was WAY too cute when he was rolling. I just didn't have the heart to stop him
I think he will be a great dock diver!! He gets some serious air on thos jumps
I may look into flyball with him, I think he would do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-O-Gee View Post
They sure look like they had a blast Robyn. It's always so much fun to see pups play together and socialize as it makes us humans feel warm hearted, observing their enjoyment.

Great photos!
Thanks DOG and BarkingDog!! He and Sasha had such a wonderful time. And yes, it does warm our hearts to see them so happy and just enjoying life
Montana really needed it, and so did I. We will be visiting pbpatti and Sasha out there more often! I'm going to take Nookie to see if he will have some fun even though he has to be leashed. I'll get him a really long nylon lead so he can run with the others but not get away lol.

Old July 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm with you Robyn, I can't help but smile at a rolling dog (so long as they're not rolling in something nasty..).
Old July 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Chum Mum

Montana has sure grown!! Looks like he really enjoyed his day out...don't you just love a to see a pup do the rolly polly wriggling thing!!
R.I.P. Boog,Pootie, Bud & Tarkha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look into your soft brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsqU4r3d View Post
Montana has sure grown!! Looks like he really enjoyed his day out...don't you just love a to see a pup do the rolly polly wriggling thing!!
He has grown, but straight up lol. We thought he was going to be a fairly large boy, but nothing on him has really grown except his little stork legs
He's pretty "petite", but such a sweet, funny lil guy. And I love it when he rolls... you can tell he's just in heaven, so I don't have the heart to stop him!

Old July 5th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Wonderful pics of dogs just being dogs thx for sharing them!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Senior Contributor

So Robyn, as this wonderful boy grows into himself, have you got any more ideas on what he is?? Yeah, I know, he's a DOG! You know....
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Willing cat servant

How adorable they look and how refreshing it is to see those pics
Old July 19th, 2012, 01:50 AM

nice picture my friend, just want to go out and have fun with them...
Old August 27th, 2012, 12:46 AM

just an awesome pair..