Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 6th, 2010, 09:46 PM

Losing Fur On My Cats Arm?

It started about 2 and a bit months ago, it started off as though it was shaved, and eventually it started to get a bit larger. It doesnt look like its fleas or mites or ring worms because i dont see any mites on his fur or worms, but i did see a red line almost like a cut but it wasnt bleeding. Now it looks like an area with some fur missing. I went to the vet before and he gave me a bottle of surolan, apparently its supposed to take away fungul infections or something. It doesnt seem like its helping. I'm scared that if i bring my cat to the vet , that he will have to do a million tests to check if he has allergies or ring worms because it will cost alot of money. I also checked online about a spray called Hydrocortisone spray. Anyways i hope you guys can help me before i go back to the vet. Also, there are parts of the arm were it almost looks like it has oil on the fur so it makes the fur spikey looking, i'm not sure if its actually because my cat is losing fur or if its the ointment thats making it look spikey, and it seems like there is a bit of dander on the area, anyways any help would be appreciated!

Here are some pictures

That is when the ointment isnt on but i wiped off the area with a damp cloth

That is when the ointment is on and rubbed onto the area.