Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old July 29th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Sasha's Den Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2
It's sooooo great to see him again,although he does not look to pleased
I wonder what makes him angry... having lost a tooth or, well you know, at the other end...
Old July 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Senior Contributor

I haven't posted, but I've been following. Inverness, it's so great that Jules is going to be fine. :love:

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Inverness,I realize you are part of a wonderful rescue and have many animals to care for,like Sam and Sydney,with bigger problems than Jules,but what is going to happen to Jules once he is ok??
Is he still not eating comfortably?
I am forever greatful for you taking in Jules as I am sure is Catsnatcher,where would he be without you good people?
Old July 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM

It's true chico, I'm very grateful that she took him. There really was no place for this little guy.
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Sasha's Den Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2
Inverness,I realize you are part of a wonderful rescue and have many animals to care for,like Sam and Sydney,with bigger problems than Jules,but what is going to happen to Jules once he is ok??
Is he still not eating comfortably?
I am forever greatful for you taking in Jules as I am sure is Catsnatcher,where would he be without you good people?
I'm not "part of a rescue", I'm alone here. Sasha's Den is a one-person rescue. I do try and help out my local no-kill pound, but at the moment, with Sasha's Den only, besides my own, I take care of 16 dogs (some in foster homes !) and 20 + cats. The others you see on the website are the pound animals and technically, I am not the one who cares for them, although I work hard at trying to get them adopted. Sam, Teddy and Sydney, the special needs, are all under my responsability. Let's say they keep me busy...

Jules: unless a miracle happens and someone adopts him, he will stay here with me. My home is designed for the animals. I'm just the cleaning lady here... The cats have the whole second floor to themselves and they normally have access to a totally fenced-in area outside so they can get some fresh air, but at the moment, I'm sure they are very angry at Sam because he's the one who lives in the enclosure. It's the only isolated spot I had to house him. So Jules might just end up living the rest of his life with me, providing I can introduce him to the rest of the family.

Here's my rescued orange crew :

Rackham the senior king, who was hitchiking on a cold day 2 years ago, starved and with a major thyroid problem (thyroid gland now removed):

Toulouse, that one you know:

Paprika (white & orange) and Sushi (orange tabby), respectively found on the streets 9 and 10 years ago:

And Shaman (on the right), rescued from a Montreal backstreet a year ago:

The others are not worth mentionning in this post, they are just plain... well non-orange !
Old July 29th, 2006, 06:38 PM
PeachesnSimon'sMamma

Inverness I had no idea you had *that* many lovelies at home, and were a one chiqua operation - I'm in awe. Thanks to both you and catsnatcher for fighting for these guys, a one or two person army is STILL very powerful, as your furries show :love: :love: :love:

~Those who KNOW better are responsible to TEACH better~

Jenn, Simon and Peaches
12/14/03
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:24 PM
pitter-patter-paws

New Friendship, tale of the orange cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsnatcher-CDN
no, im not going to relocate him but I'm convinced he was once a housecat.
He sees me and follows me around. He actually runs up the drive way and follows me to my front door.

it breaks my hear to shut the door in his face and leave him outside. I haven't petted him but he walks around with his tail high and stands on two feet to reach the food i have for them.

Maybe I'll try the rescues again.... I don't know.
I've been told and read this many many times and I do believe this;
Things happen for a reason, people including animals will cross your path for a reason and or by chance, whichever it may be, there is a reason. He may carry the spirit or someone you once knew that has now passed or you may have been chosen by the Almighty above to help this pour soul have another chance at life. He didn't wake up one day and decide to go straight to your home, He had guidance and was led to your home for a reason.
So in short, PLEASE don't give up on Him, it looks like He has had enough of that, take care of this soul, you have a big heart to fill and your doing a fine job at taking care of God's precious animals when no one else cares to.
He has obviously not given up on you and seems to enjoy your presence and adores following you around.
Remember He has come into your life for a reason, there is a purpose for this new relationship.
I always said to myself, if I have a chance to care for an orange cat I would call him MANGO or her GINGER, so in my heart I have reserved a special little place for him and I will call him MANGO. I will pray for him.
Take Care
LEEPSUN
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Ummm, he has been rescued and is in the care of Inverness. He was just neutered and had his teeth done.
Old July 30th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Inverness,thank's for the explanation,not that you owed me one.
You see,I am a"little"older and get confused
I Love your Orange crew and remember Toulouse very well,Jules could not be in better company,I hope he agrees and gets along with the other beauties
I envy you and others who are able to help these helpless kitties,it must give you loads of satisfaction,also an empty wallet
I am sure it involves a lot of heartache and frustration in a never ending battle,but looking in to the faces of these kitties,it all must be very worthwhile:love:
Old August 31st, 2006, 04:42 PM
Sasha's Den Rescue

It's with deep sadness that I come today to let you know that Jules just lost his battle against FIV. I had taken him back to the vet because he was not getting over the surgery for his teeth and we tested him - which had not been done prior to neutering him and cleaning his teeth. The test came out positive. His mouth was not healing, he had sores coming out everywhere on his gums and he could'nt eat anymore, and although I rehydrated him sub-Q and force fed him, the scale told us today he had dropped 3 pounds in a month. His hair was thin and brittle and his eyes were sinking in. We said goodbye at 4 PM and still true to himself, he purred until the end.

I miss you Jules and will love you always.
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:08 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I'm so sorry to hear this. At least he was able to spend his last months in a happy loving home. Race to the bridge Jules.
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:24 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG...I'm so sorry . I'm glad you were there when he passed over the bridge.
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:26 PM

Inverness,

I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. My heart can't break more than this. Thank you for being there and for doing what I could not do. :sad:
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM
Sasha's Den Rescue

Tanya, I'm so sorry I couldn't save him. I miss him so much. He was the best stray cat ever. I had never met such a sweet soul. :sad:
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:35 PM

I'm so sorry. At least he died warm and loved.
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness
Tanya, I'm so sorry I couldn't save him. I miss him so much. He was the best stray cat ever. I had never met such a sweet soul. :sad:
He spend his last few months surrounded by so much love. You did so much. You do so much. I wish I never put you in this position. You have so much on your plate already. This is very sad. I'm so sorry, Inverness.
Old August 31st, 2006, 06:07 PM

Aw, this is so terrible. Poor little guy finally found a dream home.:sad:

I'm so glad this beautiful guy didn't go alone and that found a loving family to bring out his purrs.:love:

Old September 1st, 2006, 07:22 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh no:sad: that just is not fair,beautiful Jules
Inverness,C-S thank you for doing everything possible to save him,for giving him love and care,for not allowing him to die a lonely painful death
:love: you Jules
Old September 1st, 2006, 10:33 AM
PeachesnSimon'sMamma

I'm so sorry Inverness, thank you for being with him and for all the love you and catsnatcher both gave him.

~Those who KNOW better are responsible to TEACH better~

Jenn, Simon and Peaches
12/14/03