Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 12th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Apparently not everyone agrees about spaying and neutering

I posted this under a spay neuter thread but think that thread has died out so I am posting it here instead, as I think the responses I am getting on this other forum are interesting to say the least.

I was just over on the UK site that I visit, and they are doing a poll on spaying and neutering and the majority of people are against it! I answered and said I would definately have my dog spayed or neutured. This is what I wrote.

Quote:
Well in Canada it is pretty much expected that you will spay or neuter your dog. Especially if you are not planning to breed. There are some people that don;t know alot about breeding and think it would be fun to get their two same breed dogs together, I personally think this is a bad idea as they may not know the history of the dog, or they could even be related. There is also lots of mixed breeds in the shelters here, so here we want to keep the dog population down as there is already too many that need homes. I definatley plan to spay or neuter my dog. Which I hope I will be getting sometime soon

"The response was irresposible pet owners would not spay or neuter their dogs anyways, and a responsible dog owner should have the right to have their dog "entire" or not fixed. "I personally wouldn't want to risk a male dog coming over our fence,or even trying to get in our yard, or may male dog sneaking out to find some female then dealing with all the unwanted puppies no thanks.

I would be happy to post the link if it is not an invasion of privacy.