Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old December 6th, 2004, 04:49 PM

Red face

Rainy is going to be keeping Winnie for a while and should Winnie choose Rainy's family, that will be her forever home. If it should not work out, there are 2 more homes lined up and Rainy has all the numbers she needs to re-home Winnie. But, we're all hoping Winnie comes around and she doesn't have to be moved again. Thats a lot of travelling for such a little girl.
Most importantly, thanks to the effort's of Rainy & Shannon83, Winnie is saved!! She will now how a long, full & happy life, thanks to the efforts of PETS.CA and its members.
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes WB and thank's to you for offering to help! I too am hoping she'll slowly come out of her fright and realize life can be good with lots of love,the poor thing probably does not know what it's like to be loved.
Good luck to Winnie and Rainy
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:57 PM

For all that animals do for us, the least we can all do, is do our best to save them. One by One. The only thanks I need is some more pictures of Winnie alive and happy, and to hear that she has adjusted to a new forever home. :queen:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
Old December 7th, 2004, 06:25 PM

Thank you all soo much in helping 'my' cat find a home! Immaterial girl is my sister, and winnie was my cat. (it was NOT ME who was going to have her put down !!!!) It makes me really really happy to see that winnie has found a new home where she can be loved! dont worry, She'll get used to the kids and cats - she just needs some time to adjust (as you know, rainy, she likes to do things in her own time!)

This whole situation has been really terrible for me, and for my family. Im really appreciative of all the help from everyone at pets.ca, but it really upset me to hear people say we are uncaring, and winnie was unloved. winnie was very much loved! I cried many many times in the past few weeks as a result of this situation, and when I lived at home I spent many pleasant nights curled up on the couch with winnie purring in my lap. The idea of winnie being Killed was really upsetting, and having her rejected from the first home we found for her was really upsetting also: poor winnie!!!! I know she is a nervous cat, and it has been killing me to imagine the stress shes been under, moving so many times! Many people in this world choose to abandon animals when times get tough, but we at least made an effort to find her a new home! Allergies can be a VERY serious problem for some people, with no alternative other than getting away from the source.

anyways, thank you all, once again. Im glad we could find you all to help with this ordeal, and im glad that winnie is happy again.

Rainy, if you have any questions about winnie feel free to email thru pets.ca, and also if things dont work out Ive found a friend, in montreal, who could take Winnie.

ALSO: I tried to look into transportation costs, and it seems to me that VIA and Air Canada dont transport pets without owners along for the trip. i emailed a pet-transport company in montreal, but got no repsonse. I am willing to PAY to have Winnie transported to TO (oshawa?) and a new home with whinnie-boo, but I cant find a way! any info, anyone?
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:13 PM

Winnie has her Forever Home!
Winnie is forever and permanantly part of our family.While I won't say she loves us yet ,she tolerates us and even likes us. Thank you everyone that gave me advise and I will be asking for more all the time!

Sad_M I am not here to sling insults but I do have a couple of issues to address.Winnie ceased being your cat the moment you abandoned her.Call it what you like it doesn't change the fact that you let everyone else deal with rehoming Winnie,including your sister and mother.Guilt is what you feel and so you should.
You do not have my full name ,nor do you know where I live!Your nic suggests you are something that you are not.Mothers nurture,care and raise,and protect.A change of nic would be appropriate.You have no idea if I worked in a lab preying on people such as yourself ,that are desperate to find a good home for your animal!For all you know I could belong to the pack of sick sick people that give cats to dogs for sport.

For everyone that pm,ed me about Winnie I am so glad to have met people like you! Pm me anytime even just to say hello Winnie's thread has over 800 views and it warms my heart to know so many people have been checking up on her.
Happy_Mommy Rainy
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww - so glad to hear that Winnie is safe and sound and loved finally! It's really gratifying to see so many people care so much about one little kitty.

Sad Mommy, you did know that your mother gave Winnie one week to live? Where were you then? Nice of you to offer to pay her transport after the fact, but if you cried so much did you (or anyone in your family) think of putting Winnie into boarding to save this "very much loved cat" from being killed?

I'm sure that even if Rainy couldn't keep her, she would NEVER consider sending her back to you or any of your friends for any reason. I know I would not.
Old December 7th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Senior Contributor

I am sorry,but I have to agree with Rainy and Lucky....where were you when we here on the Forum sat and cried for a little cat we did not even know,who had one week to live.. :sad:
Winnie is finally with someone who will love her and it looks like she's not going anywhere else
To Rainy,Winnie and the whole family!!!
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:37 AM

Exclamation

I was reading posts on this site the whole time, crying in front of my own computer. I was not off on some vacation beleive it or not. I am a student in my final year of uni, and this all sprung on me at semester's end, when im putting in practically 60h weeks. AND my family HID it from me for the first week and a half after the first home we found for her had rejected her. I did NOT leave it all up to other people - what would have led anyone to assume this? I was postering my area and my school, and asking every single person I knew, including people I barely knew, to help with finding winnie a home. what makes you see this as abandoment? I love winnie, and finding her a new home was the ONLY option! am I supposed to throw my partner out of the apt? or subject my father to living with bad allergies as well? I DO feel as if I have failed winnie, but my living situation would NOT allow me to take her!

and, btw, I offered to take winnie from my parents until a home could be found, despite my partner's EXTREMELY bad cat allergies. and when rainy contacted my parents and offered to do the same, no one told me! In any case, rainy saved the day so it didnt have to come to this.

and rainy, are you saying that your posts and long-time presense on this board should have led anyone to believe bad things about you? anyone who is giving cats away at ANY time is taking this risk... should we have asked for references? call your boss? to do a credit check?

im serious: before you attack me again, give me one REALISTIC possible alternative to the route that was taken (i mean the solicitation for help, not the one-week-to-live: that was NOT my idea, and believe me I let my parents know I disagreed with thier stand.)

and before attacking me again, understand that im trying to say THANK YOU to everyone! i am GRATEFUL for everyone's concern for this, and i am GREATFUL to rainy, who has given winnie the loving home she so badly deserves.

whatever. bash me all you want, im just glad that winnie is in a home better than we could give her.
Old December 8th, 2004, 09:43 AM

Your welcome.Winnie is safe and sound and happy.I don't doubt Winnie was taken care of when she was with you.Remember this....we only see what is written on the board and in this and other threads!Of course there is always more to a story.I believe the breakdown is this...one persons version,anothers version, with the truth somewhere in the middle. No one is attacking you.

I do see a little clearer what I think you were going through.As for realistic alternatives,Yes there was and is more you could have done!Again this is not an attack on you .You asked a valid question and I will respond with what I feel was realistically called for.
Anyone from your household should have taken Winnie from that home that didn't want her the moment you found out! An animal can feel when there not wanted or welcome.I also would not have minded more calls back asking me questions such as ...do you have animals now? Do you have kids?What age? What happens to Winnie if you don't bond with her? (very important question considering Winnie had just gone through this)Can you come over and meet Winnie and myself so we could chat more? All valid questions! Then you go by your gut feeling and hope you didn't choose wrong!Before aggreeing to let Winnie go make sure that the adopter knows you need and want updates.Those are my thoughts on this and by no means is what I say law.Just my opinion .
Bottom line I agree with you 100% Winnie is in a wonderful home .
Old December 8th, 2004, 10:19 AM

true, i think those should stand as guidelines for all people placed in the difficult situation of re-homing an innocent lovely cat.
Old December 8th, 2004, 11:27 AM

Unhappy

@ SAD MOMMA,

Just one question for you. While we were all on here trying to figure out a way to save "RAINY'S" cat, where were you? Where was your offer of help to get her out of your parents house? To fly her to Toronto then, instead of letting her die. We all spent days and sleepless nights trying to save a cat that was supposed to be your's and never once did you come on prior to Rainy's taking possession of her. Not even so much as a message on the transportation board we opened to get some help to transport Winnie from Quebec to possibly Brampton. I do not want to think what would have happened to that beautiful girl had Rainy not stepped in. Winnie now has a forever home, and probably the best she could have found. The pictures already posted by Rainy prove just that.
I don't mean to attack you, because if you go over the post's regarding Winnie you'll see what I endured to do my part to save this cat. But, we are asking you to understand that we are here helping these animals daily, or at least trying, and with the same excuses being used hundreds of times a day, we've lost a lot of compassion for humans. We possess more compassion and understanding for the animals who keep getting thrown aside after owners priority's change. Just wanted also to let you know that should Winnie not be able to stay with Rainy, I'm certain Rainy has built up enough resources in the last week to ensure Winnie is re-homed where Rainy feels is best for her.
Now regarding your boyfriend. I recently threw my husband of 4 years out of the house because I disagreed with the way he was raising MY Pitbulls. I chose those 2 beautiful girls, and they need me. I thought he may have gotten my baby Boo pregnant, and I later found out she is not. Point being, Whinnie & Boo need me, I chose them, they come first. Should I have let him keep up destroying my dogs because I don't want to be alone? Why risk losing my children with the BSL? Thats not fair. Their safety & happiness rests in my hands, and giving them to someone else to save my relationship was not worth it, or even a thought in my mind. They always come first. There are hundreds of meds that can be taken for allergies, and it really is just an old excuse. If you and this man should get married and have Children. Will you treat them the same as that? Would you deny them, if your partner wanted? Do not say that Children are different, because they are not. You were Winnie's Mommy, and she came first and in the end, your boyfriends treatable allergies were more important then your child. She was there when you needed her, and now that she needed you, someone is on-line threatening to put her down that day, after trying to say you'd all spent so long looking for a new home, it had come down to that day.
I do commend you however, for being a big enough person to get on here and thank everyone, I just wish it had been dealt with differently.

In the end that only important issue is Winnie is Alive
Winnie has a good forever home, and probably a few lined up if Rainy feels she's too stressed out. Other then that, thank your sister for bringing Winnie to PETS.CA, we all love her very much and your lose is Rainy's gain.
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I thought he may have gotten my baby Boo pregnant
I can see why you threw him out!!!!!!

J/K - I couldn't resist. My bad.
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Me baaad too,I was thinking the same
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Wink Lol

Obviously, not my actual husband, but, I thought that his lack of responsibilty with them while out at the dog park, or playing in the yard, may have led to her pregnancy. In the end we found it was an infection in her uterus. But, regardless. he had to go, because Michael Byrant is cracking down, and he was a typical "Show off my PITBULL owner" "My dog is tough" kind of guy. It came right down to Him or My girls. That was the easiest decision I've ever made in my life. I just wish all parents could make that same decision for their children. I may not have a husband anymore, But Whin & Boo will never let me be lonely, or unappreciated. More then anything else I need their love & affection.
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
In the end we found it was an infection in her uterus.
So is she spayed now?
Old December 8th, 2004, 01:40 PM

Thumbs up Boo-Boo

Almost, Boo was put on antiboitics, and until they are completed (4-5 more days) she can not undergo any sort of surgery.
I've got her a doctors appt. for next Wednesday, and if the vet says its all cleared up, hopefully, it will be Friday morning when I take her in and Saturday afternoon she'll come home, in her cone, all spayed. And mommy will never have to worry about boys taking advantage of my beautiful girl again!!
I always say "If I were a dog, I'd want my dogs too." They are absolutely beautiful, both of them. Now, I'm gonna find some pitures to post and show them off.
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2