Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old October 25th, 2004, 07:06 PM

Red face Looking for an active breed puppy in montreal

I am looking for an active puppy. I am a part time student, so I'm only out of the house for a total of 1-2 hours a day. I am an avid runner, so I'm looking for a dog that, once developed, could run with me. I was thinking of anything from a Brittany, to a pit bull to a ridgeback (I would ADORE a ridgeback, but they can be hard to find) I grew up with large, active dogs, and went through full training with one of them, so I know what I'm getting myself into.
Old October 25th, 2004, 08:49 PM

Here are a couple links for Pitbulls.... right now especially they need to be rescued!!
www.lchs.ca There is Fawn, Brooklyn, there is also a beautiful all white LabX.
www.iaw.on.ca Brodie (Pit), a bunch of Labs, they also have 3 baby rottie/GSD crossess(they are soooo cute!!), they have a Brittany and an Austr. Shep.
www.niagarafallshumanesociety.com They have a BEAUTIFUL brindle Pit girl named Athena, a 9mnth old PitX, a 1yr old Pit, Sophie a 5mth old Pit, and Sally a 2yr old Pit.
Good luck with your search
Old October 26th, 2004, 01:09 AM

German Shorthaired Pointers and Weimeraner's are VERY active. Mine are great running partners, and also very affectionate.
Old October 26th, 2004, 01:21 PM

Sorry didn't see the Montreal bit
Old October 26th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Too bad. We had a RR last year. Anyway, does it have to be purebred or would you take a mix?

Animatch has this cutie:

Animatch

The SPCA in western QC has an ADORABLE pit bull puppy who I'm sure desperately needs a home!!

Devin
Old October 27th, 2004, 02:36 PM

Exclamation Animatch Dogs

I just started volunteering at Animatch a couple of weeks ago and here's what I can tell you about Chelsey (although if you want to know the real scoop, you should email: info@animatch.ca or call : (450) 452-0321)

Chelsey is a super sweet, intelligent and active dog. She does still need re-inforcement in the way of house training. She likes to play with other dogs and since she's 5 mths old she still has some growing to do.

I can tell you that we have other dogs that are not listed on the Animatch site and we have a waiting list if you have a specific breed in mind!

Again feel free to either call or email for more info.

Good Luck with the dog hunt!

Joelle
Old October 28th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Check out this ridgeback mix Colby he is on petfinder
Dog
Rhodesian Ridgeback Mix

Size: Medium
Sex: Male
I.D:

Notes: about 30lbs, 6 months- 1 year old, plays well with other dogs, now vaccinated and neutered, if interested complete a dog application off www.adoptapet.lucknow.on.ca, $150 adoption fee, being fostered near Lucknow, DUE TO LACK OF INDOOR FOSTER HOMES HE IS LIVING IN A DOG RUN WITH A DOGLOO (AND GOES FOR WALKS DAILY) - THUS WE HAVE NOT HAD HIM EXPOSED TO KIDS, CATS OR HOUSETRAINING, Please do not apply, if: 1) You are expecting to adopt an animal in less then 24 hours, 2) You are not willing to complete the adoption application (this is how we assess if a viewing is scheduled), 3) You do not want drive to this area for a viewing and/or adoption (I do not have a shelter for these animals - they are in foster homes, so I drive somewhere to meet you as well, and when you stand me up you are not only forcing the animals to be delayed in being adopted to decent permanent homes, but also wasting my and their time, and our money by having us spend time and long distance charges online processing your application and driving somewhere, all for nothing) 4) If you have multiple applications out as it is very unfair to waste the animal’s and volunteer’s time by applying and promising to come and then canceling or no showing at the last minute because you got a animal “CLOSER” to where you live - there is a map on our home page so consider the drive before you apply – WE APPRECIATE YOU LETTING US PUT OUR TIME AND SPARSE RESOURCES TO THEIR BEST USE If you are willing to follow our adoption procedure, please apply at the adoption page by completing the application online at www.adoptapet.lucknow.on.ca - please fill this out before calling us – as I have very little time to return phone calls, but can return emails at any time of the day
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog