Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Senior Contributor

g s crosses the line

Well,my g s is gonna go live with my ex fiance in ohio,she has lots of property,and a german shepherd about his age,yesterday he had a dentabone and would not let me near him,was in his crate eating it,watching me the whole tim,i got up to go to the kitchen and he got up and started barking at me,hair was up on his back like ihave never seent it stand before,after he got done barking at me he went back to crate..It is even to the point of if he has a bone in the living room and i call him over to me,he comes but hunches over and stiffens up.I love him more than anything but cannot live like this,i dont want a dog that i will always wonder if he is gonna turn on me.My ex's sister always said she would love to have him,i will miss him like i have never missed anything,cried for hours last night.I think it will be best,right now i live in an apt,and i know he gets bored,and i feel bad,he played great with her dog i think it will be best for everyone........Gonna break my heart though
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww, thats so sad. Your heart must be broken.

Could you try telling him to sit before you aproach him? I always used to do this with my dog. Also you could try hand feeding him, or letting him chew on the bone while it is in your hand.
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Senior Contributor

g s

It is the worst feeling ever,i am positvely devasted.He is my bud..I have tried everything,feeding him in a different spot,having him sit and putting a treat in his bowl,hand feeding.Acting like i am eating first from his bowl.He just will not relax and let me near him,yesterday caught me completely off guard,the lady i was on the phone with was like what is your dog barking at,i told her me..His hair straight down his back was up,scary sight..I also dont have the money to get professional help either,and now i just cant trust him.He actually stiffend up when he was drinking his water yestreday also.I dont recall ever being this hurt over anything or anyone,we have our routine in the morning after i blow dry my hair he wants me to blowdry him,after i brush my teeth i have to do his..I have been trying to see if he is getting better with this and it is just getting worse,maybe it will be for the best i live in a small apt,he will be going to the country in dayton,ohio..Wow i just cant see myslef without him,i take him everywhere i go, i will miss him more than words can say/////////
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I'm going to be the 'mean' one here!

Sad Spoiled? Probably the best thing to happen to the dog, to be rehomed!!
(Hopefully properly)

Large breed, young dog in an apartment. What were you thinking, or actually 'not' thinking. Now through the dogs boredom and your lack of planning, he's being rehomed!!

Hope you've learned a lesson, and the dog I hope gets a more appropriate situation to reside.

Begin your verbal attacks towards me but this is exactly the kind of irresponsibility that leaves dogs dumped in shelters, tied up to the door of a pound, left at a vets or euthanized.

I'm happy you atleast are rehoming him yourself, this is 'not' his fault!
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Senior Contributor

g s

I dont need your bs. I got him when i lived in kentucky was gonna get married to someone who works for nascar,so lets see i could taken him or let himstay with my ex who is on the road 5 days a week..I have read a million articles that say german shepherds adapt just fine to apt.living..And you dont know me from adam to assume i would dump him in a shelter,NOT in a million years,as i wrote before i would never do that i would just live with this problem,today of all days i dont need your f%^% up comments,so please go to another thread and make some one else feel like ****,you do it so well....
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

People dislike hearing the truth, you're no exception.