Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old March 24th, 2008, 10:21 PM

Missing Senior Cockapoo:2nd thread with pic this time.

I previously posted on here about my missing Cockapoo...but I wanted to add a picture so I wasn't sure how I caould add one to the post I initially posted at the beginning of March, so I decided to start a new thread this time with a picture..I hope it's ok.

Anyways, here is my dogs info. again for those of you who haven't read my previous post:
Breed:Cockapoo
Colour:Blonde
Wearing a blue collar with 2 tags. He has been missing since March 3rd,2008 @ aprx. 2pm from the area of Weston Rd. and Langstaff Rd. in the Woodbridge(York Region) area. He is hard of hearing and is partially blind in one eye. His name is Chico and he is 14yrs old. We miss him very much and would like him returned home. Please email with any information or leave a post on here with anything you know or anything that you think may be helpful. EMAIL: ddianam@yorku.ca
Attached Images

Old March 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure if this will help. I really hope something breaks for you soon. Don't give up!
Attached Images

Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:23 PM

any news?????

I can't believe it's been a month
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:22 PM

nothing new

Hi Carlyg,
I haven't heard anything at all. It has been quiet lately actually, usually there is someone calling me to say they have seen a dog. I can't beleive it either that it has already been a month. :0( I think about him everyday, and I have had about 4 dreams of him since he went missing, it's so weird. I wish that the dog on the toronto humane society was Spencer and I hope that one day we will find our dogs...it's so sad and unbelieveable to think that they just disappeared off the face of the earth.
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM

Hi ddianam...Keep your hopes up!!! Something good has to happen soon. It is hard to believe that our dogs just disappeared off the face of the earth with no trace...someone has to know something...
for Chico, Spencer, Sable, Billie and all the other lost friends out there.
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:59 PM

I really hope this all works out to the best outcome. Can't imagine how worried you must be. Chin up
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:34 AM

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. I am really glad that there are people out there who understand what I am going through. I think that I will never get over it, it's just so hard wondering about what happened. I am thinking about all of you and your lost pets and I pray that one day we find them.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM

still missing

It's been 3 months since my dog has gone missing :0( I don't know what else to do, I feel like I have done everything I can do. I still check sites daily and still keep and eye open for him when I drive araound. What have you all done after your pet has been missing for so long?
here's another email address dianam95@hotmail.com

Last edited by ddianam; June 23rd, 2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I recently finished reading Kat Albrecht's The Lost Pet Chronicles: Adventures of A K-9 Cop Turned Pet Detective and it has some excellent ideas for finding a lost pet. Stetting traps- more than I could ever say here. I would advise you to call EVERY shelter/rescue and vet and go searching every minute of the day and certainly place a humane trap near your home with a videocam near it if possible. With your pet's fav food.

Her site is: http://www.katalbrecht.com/

She works fulltime as a pet detective and there may be one near you (It is a growing field- one I;d love to do on the side actually if I had time but I am
lucky to SEE the weekend, lol) Granted, there is one now in Nova Scotia.

These sites also offer helpful tips:
http://www.pet-detective.com/
http://www.pmia.com/
http://missingpetpartnership.org/

Good luck!!!!

Last edited by CyberKitten; June 23rd, 2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Hi Cyberkitten,
Thanks for the advice. I actually did hire a pet detective right when my dog went missing..I think about a week after. The pet detective was great except nothing turned up. It was really difficult, the pet detective searched in the area where my dog was reportedly last seen for hours, I was very optimistic about the whole thing except for the fact that there was no way of telling whether or not the search dog was leading us towards my dog or whether he was taking us towards where my dog came from.
This is a very tough and emotional situation for me to be in.
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Gosh, this must be such a weight on your heart, you've got lots of company here.
Have you stayed on top of your local shelter, visiting regularly, etc. And vet offices? If someone has him - and he needs to see a vet - the vet would let you know.
Could you get a local journalist interested?
Have you posted on these sites:

http://www.canadastrays.com
http://www.animalrescuenetwork.org/i...lay?PageID=991
http://www.rapt-lfpn.org/en/accueil.html
http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/ontario.html
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am still looking for my dog Chico who went missing in March. It has been 6 months and my family and I still miss him and are trying to find him. I check websites everyday hoping that one day he will turn up.
I got a new puppy 2 months ago...a Yorkie named Oscar...quiet different than Chico who is a Cockapoo! I felt so guilty at first when I first got Oscar, beleive it or not but when I first brought him home i really didnt want to play with him b/c i just felt so much anxiety and guilt.
Hopefully one day soon I will find Chico and he can meet Oscar.
Old October 17th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry that you are still searching. I pray that one day you will find him or at the very least find out what happened.

Don't feel guilty about loving up your new baby. He needs you and all your attention.

Best of luck in your search.
Old October 17th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Im very sorry your dog has been missing :sad: But try not to feel gulitly for getting another dog, it doesnt mean you are replacing him, You will still have room in your hous for your cockapoo..

Also, Im sooo glad theres is another yorkie owner on the board.. i hope you stick around a while so we can talk about their crazyness..lol
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:20 AM

Oh yes babymomma, Yorkies sure are crazy....but so cute! My Yorkie is just 4months old and he is very engergetic, but he bites alot...I know that he is just a puppy and is teething but I think that it is more than that since he bites me and other ppl. Does anyone know if this is normal?
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM

new email address

Please email me @ dianam95@hotmail.com if anyone has found my Cockapoo. Still missing him dearly
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:03 PM

still heartbroken

Hi,
I am still looking for my cockapoo Chico. It will be a year in March since he has been gone and I miss him terribly.
Last time I heard anything about a dog fitting his description was in October. I check various websites daily and still he hasn't turned up.
Please if anyone out there has any information contact me.

Here is Chico's description:
15yrs old
blonde hair
long darker blonde ears
wearing a blue colar with a rabbi's tag and an id tag
missing since March 3rd 2008.
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Master of the Drool!

what a long wait for you!! I hope you find him.. You will be in my prayers
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM
banned user

I wish one of the papers or tv would do an article on how many of our pets are out there lost and so many people just pick them up and call them "theirs" with no thought of helping to reunite them with those that love and miss them and who are desperately searching.
Old April 4th, 2009, 11:18 AM

I just wanted to post on this thread again to remind everyone that I am still looking for my dog Chico that went missing in March 2008. I will keep looking for him.
Chico has not turned up anywhere and it has been just over a year since he went missing. Though I do have a new puppy, I will never stop looking for Chico.
Please if anyone has any information or can tell me any new lost and found websites it would be greatly appreciate.