Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 1st, 2010, 07:03 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

A thank you and Happy New Year

Just wanted to say thank you for all the cards I received this year. I am very bad for sending out cards myself but promise I will try next year. This year with Brownie's condition my mind was not much on Christmas.
So, (hope I don't forget anyone) thank you very much to my secret Santa who shall remain nameless. You know how much I appreciated your thoughtfulness. Thank you Sylvie for the Bee-M. Tinka has a blast with it!!! Thank you hazel, madame hazel, TDFO and all the rest of the personal.... I mean gang!! Thanks growler, Winston, chico, Meg, aslan, rainbow, LMPG and Ancient for the wonderful cards. I can't tell you all how much it warmed my heart to get all the cards and good wishes.
And, last but not least....
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!
All the best Health and Happiness for 2010!!!!!!!!!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 1st, 2010, 07:10 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
my secret Santa who shall remain nameless. ....

I HATE SECRETS

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!
All the best Health and Happiness for 2010!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL THE BEST TO YOU M/F
Old January 1st, 2010, 07:15 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
ALL THE BEST TO YOU M/F
Tough! I promised.
And all the best to you too M/G/F!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM
-

Happy New Year to you and your family 14+ .....I hope 2010 brings much health and happiness your way.
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
Doggie Wench

Wishing you, your family, and furbabies, the best New Year ever 14+ .
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:52 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ I wish your human family and your furry family much joy in 2010.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:56 PM
Slave to the Kitties

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:48 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Happy New Year, 14+!! All the best to you and yours in 2010! And some extra for Brownie!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:57 PM

Happy New Year 14+

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 1st, 2010, 10:15 PM
~Cat Servent~

Don't feel bad.... I never got around to cards this year either! And Happy New Year to you mf, here's hoping Brownie rallies and all the other furries stay healthy (and that Tux takes that step into the trap)! And that one of us wins the lottery this year!!!!

And you need to come visit!!! I make a mean hot chocolate!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old January 1st, 2010, 10:19 PM
You can call me DOG!

Happy New Year 14+ and to all your family! May the new year be prosperous and like KRD says, "that one of us wins the lottery this year!!!!"

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old January 1st, 2010, 10:30 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks gals!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Happy New Year 14+
So far TT has left the suncatcher alone that you sent with the card. Not like the other ones. Let's hope he continues. Maybe he likes the colours on the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Don't feel bad.... I never got around to cards this year either! And Happy New Year to you mf, here's hoping Brownie rallies and all the other furries stay healthy (and that Tux takes that step into the trap)! And that one of us wins the lottery this year!!!!

And you need to come visit!!! I make a mean hot chocolate!!!
Oh there's two other new ones around now too. I think they may belong to the farmer next door or they have been recently dumped. One is already hanging around the catuary. Another black beauty. The other one I see on and off is white with an orange tail. Cute!
Hot chocolate! Yum!!! I will have to wait and see what my schedule is like next week. This one is nuts!! Training to close the store and other stuff. FUN!!!!!

Old January 1st, 2010, 10:36 PM

Glad they provide amusement for the kitties

Didn't you say you were missing an orange cat?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 1st, 2010, 10:41 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Glad they provide amusement for the kitties

Didn't you say you were missing an orange cat?
Funny girl!!! NO!!! I have promised myself I am going to work extra hard at trying to get the ones that can be adopted new homes. I can't keep on taking more. My pocketbook is squeaking and the boss isn't about to give me a raise!!
If they get trapped and don't belong to the neighbours then yes, they will stay here but there will be a constant lookout for new homes for them.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:24 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
Thumbs up

14+++, I woulda sent u a card, but ah dinna ken yr addy. pls consider this my sincere-erest seasonal greetings, etc. u r most def a kitty . i hope 'brownie' is doing better , and here's hoping le catuary will not overflow...

p.s. apologies for the typos etc., but wicked recurrence of carpal tunnel stuff has me 'hunting and pecking' like a deranged chicken-with only one hand .
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:18 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

White with an orange tail? How cute is that?!

on your quest for homes for the little darlings, 14+!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashtin's kin View Post
14+++, I woulda sent u a card, but ah dinna ken yr addy. pls consider this my sincere-erest seasonal greetings, etc. u r most def a kitty . i hope 'brownie' is doing better , and here's hoping le catuary will not overflow...

p.s. apologies for the typos etc., but wicked recurrence of carpal tunnel stuff has me 'hunting and pecking' like a deranged chicken-with only one hand .
We will have to try to rectify the non address thing when it gets warmer. Right now I am in hibernation mode. Brrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
White with an orange tail? How cute is that?!

on your quest for homes for the little darlings, 14+!
Thanks!! I got started today. Been telling as many people as possible about my little ones.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
-

happy new year 14+ !!

sorry I'm late , I thought I "did" all the new year threads
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
happy new year 14+ !!

sorry I'm late , I thought I "did" all the new year threads
Thanks Frenchy!! Back at you!!!

Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:16 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
Thumbs up

I'm with you on that hibernation thingy, 14++++ (oh, and WW just stopped by...she's made it to the computer table !!); when I did this xc ski intro program in Sask. for 2 winters, the motto was 'Don't hibernate-participate!' I also had-oh yeah, STILL have it!-a duffel bag sponsored by a ski wax company, and on one end is written, 'Summer stinks, think snow!' HA!

Let's just say although I loved the teaching and skiing, I always felt like a big ol' FRAUD; when I took my first practical coaching exam, I'd spent so much of my 'prep time' in the warm up hut , that the examiner actually asked me, "Do you REALLY like skiing?" Seeing as how I was supposed to be spending the next 4-5 mos. helping other people LOVE xc... yeesh!!

If I didn't have the gals in the pony palace, or out in the pasture, to attend to, there are days I would be quite happy to not even poke my schnozz out the front door. Sooo, let's pencil each other in for, say, April-ish, shall we??!! In the meantime, keep warm on the BB , and here's hoping you are able to maybe find a few nice kitty homes, so you have a looney or 2 left over from yer pay cheque...with which to buy some chocolate/Advil etc.

That's MY goal !!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
Senior Contributor

Happy New Year 14+!! I hope Brownie will keep improving!

I'm hibernating too! It's -40C/ -40F and I'm not going outside until May!

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)