Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old July 4th, 2004, 06:50 PM

Little Escape Artist!!

Molly got her first taste of freedom yesterday as she embarked on her big adventure - outside of our apartment!!

So, we just moved into a bigger place a few days ago and we didn't realize that the front door won't stay closed unless you lock it. My husband went out to make a quick trip to the store a few blocks down while I was busy unpacking in the living room. Now that Molly is almost 9 months, silence doesn't always mean trouble anymore and so I assumed she was just lying in wait by the front door as she usually does.

Well, on his way back my husband came down the street and saw a dog across the road and thought - what a cute dog, she looks a lot like Molly...wait a minute, that dog has one white paw....oh no, that dog is Molly!!

There she was, outside our apartment (the back door has been propped open by someone) sitting over in her usual "bathroom spot" just waiting for my husband. He dropped everything, called her over and she came running happy as can be...luckily we live on a super quiet street and amazingly, even though we now live next to a giant park, rather than take off into her new favourite walking spot, it seemed she waited in the only place she felt sure she would find my husband. Such a good little girl, we are so lucky to have her!! And I am soooo very grateful that she was found safe because something terrible could have happened to her and it would have been our fault. Of course, we figure that we will have to keep a closer eye on her now that she has had a tase for the outside!!
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:41 AM

That must have made your heart rate go up!! Good thing she hung around and didn't wander off.

Here's some flowers to brighten up your new apartment!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Old July 6th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Glad it ended well! Are you in the States? Here everyone has been setting off fireworks all weekend and it would have been a frightening time for a little dog in a new area.
Old July 6th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow, its good she stuck around!
Old July 6th, 2004, 10:27 AM

Thanks for the flowers trescanis, they look beautiful in my new place

No, I'm in Canada (Montreal) so luckily there weren't any fireworks happening at the time, that would have been terrible. I was just soooo relieved and happy that she came home safely I wanted to share!! She is my little adventurer...well, mostly troublemaker!