Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old September 4th, 2008, 03:48 PM

YOU PEOPLE MUST READ WHAT I SAY…. THIS IS PROVING TO BE A DIFFICULT CHALLENGE BECAUSE YOU WONT READ WHAT I SAY, SO AGAIN….

I didn’t want a rescue cat, I had no intention of adopting any more cats, nor was I going out of my way to save any cats in shelters. But because I didn’t forcefully remove my cat’s insides she is pregnant. I am fully prepared to have and love 4 more kittens because nature’s course brought them to me.

*Want4rain*
Since you all want to compare cats to humans. Would you tell a pregnant teenager who doesn’t know who the father is to abort her baby, even if it might be born diseased due to the father’s genetic defect?? Or better yet, should I kill my two children and adopt a few starving children from one of the overpopulated countries of Africa??

Last edited by chaelleigh; September 4th, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old September 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Swift Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaelleigh View Post
*Want4rain*
Since you all want to compare cats to humans. Would you tell a pregnant teenager who doesn’t know who the father is to abort her baby, even if it might be born diseased due to the father’s genetic defect??
take a good look at China.

let me ask you, have you ever delivered a litter of kittens?? i have. one survived. the other 6 came out in pieces.

AAAAND i DID have a kid as a teen to a father of which had unknown (to me) genetic issues. look through that second genetics site. my daughter is (as cat genetics go) classified as 'pd'. (i will have to remember to tell her that when SHE starts reproducing!!)

anyways, the one surviving kitten lived to be 5 weeks old. i was 13 when this happened. i crushed her head in with a brick. no one would take her to the vet and she was in terrible pain due to unknown internal birth defects, disease... who knows.

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old September 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

want4 check your pm's
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Let me say first that I am a FIRM believer in spaying/neutering but only AFTER they have the opportunity to experience parenting once
Quote:
I have full intentions of keeping and caring for all our kittens FOREVER on our 5 acres of land.
Quote:
I am fully prepared to have and love 4 more kittens because nature’s course brought them to me.
Question? How many cats are you prepared to keep and take care of if each of these kittens are permitted to reproduce at least once? And then you'll permit all those kittens "to have the opportunity to experience parenting once"? And then their offspring ? Won't be long before you end up with hundreds of kitties . How long before you'll have to sell all 5 acres of land to pay for food and vet bills. Then where will all those cats and kitties go ?

Sorry, can't help you with your original question but several other members had some great ideas to help make her feel secure during the transition.
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:25 PM
What to say, what to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Best i can suggest to you is, block off a doorway or two with a babygate so the cat has a safe place to go. She will start looking for a place shortly before she is about to deliver. Once she finds her hidy place block it off so the pup and kids can't go to her, she will want to be alone. When she starts to deliver keep an eye on her incase she needs help. Basically best you can do is give her peace and quiet. I hope this answers your needs, if not feel free to ask what you need in detail.
Quote:
No you didn't help me, I asked how to make a transition easier not how to make the cat feel safe or how to give her a safe place. The advice you gave me is stuff I already did and knew from previous research....
Uhh, how were we suppose to know that you knew that already? And it does help if the cat feels safe. It'll comfort her and make her transition a bit easier. I guess Feliway would help as well since it's a pheromone. When your cat first gets there, seclude it so it feels safe. Keep a look-out this whole month because(as others said) the due date might not be the 15th.

If you think that fixing is dangerous, there's no point in fixing at all, is there? And don't you think we all want the BEST for our pets too? Fixing is GOOD. I'm sorry that this is not your belief, but it is ours.

Seriously, you're not gonna get much defence other than your own on this board.
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ok, finished my hash pipe. Now I can answer you calmly and reasonably.

In all of our posts to you I can’t remember one vile word coming out. In your reply post to us we; got called stupid (I assume that is what you meant when you said “kick start our last few brain cells”) but I will have to drag out my little used dictionary to find out if that is what you really meant ‘cause I am only a stupid Canadian who’s ideas and thoughts don’t matter; are d**che-bags (I am assuming that ** are the missing “ou” but again, I don’t use words like that); have bile filled mouths (YUCK! I personally would be washing mine out if it was filled with bile); are hypocrites, even though in your original post you said “Let me say first that I am a FIRM believer in spaying/neutering but only AFTER they have the opportunity to experience parenting once” and in your ensuing posts made no mention of being a firm believer in spaying/neutering. In fact, you sound like you are completely against it. Pretty hypocritical on your part, isn’t it?
The meaning of hypocrite is - somebody who pretends to have admirable principles, beliefs, or feelings but behaves otherwise. I know that because I just dusted of the earlier mentioned little used dictionary.

I am not part of the problem, you assume I am. I have full intentions of keeping and caring for all our kittens FOREVER on our 5 acres of land. So they will not be feral cats, so get off that. Second if you “helped” me by posting scare tactics of euthanized cats from your shelter, thanks I’ll pass.
Another one of your posts. I am assuming, although we all know what assumptions do, that you are going to stick to your belief that I am a FIRM believer in spaying/neutering but only AFTER they have the opportunity to experience parenting once…. so therefore any female cats your cats/kittens may have will be spitting out more, and more, and more…….. Please, cats don’t know they are supposed to stick to 5 acres. They will spread themselves out a lot further than that. Therefore, the problem is no longer just yours. It is now the neighbors, their neighbors, and so on, and so on.

For the record – I am not part of any organization. I do what I do on my own. But that’s ok, ‘cause I am only a stupid, vile mouthed, d**che bag of a Canadian who’s ideas don’t matter anyway.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+:laughi ng: d**che bag...
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:42 PM

The original question is one that should be asked of a vet. Each pregnancy is different, and present it's own unique challanges. Looking for advice on an internet forum, no matter how well intentioned, is ill-advised and putting your cat in further risk. Without the attention of a profesional, or at the very least, someone with experience and knowledge of how to properly care for the animal is a recipe for disaster.

As well, this thread has run it's course and will now be closed.
Closed Thread