Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old October 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Post neutering pooping

Hi Everyone,

I searched the forum first but couldn't find a thread with the answer or same problem my dog Spaghetti is having so forgive me if you have gone over this already.

Spaghetti was neutuered last monday and just this past monday we had his stitches removed.

Since his stitiches have been removed he has been pooping in the house, the first time I understood maybe he was a little sick because the poop wasn't exactly solid, and it made a farting sound while it happened. That night he pooped 3 more times in the house. I thought it was under control and I gave him some pepto to settle him down, held food from him for 24 hours and he seemed ok.

The past 2 nights he has had no problems and has waited until I got up to let him out.

But the last 2 days while I was at work he pooped in the house. Spaghetti has never had a problem holding it while I was at work since he was a puppy and not even while he was recovering, only now that the stitches are out did he start this problem and today was the first time he actually peed in the house as well.

We haven't changed anything in his diet at all, he hasn't gotten into anything and eaten what he shouldn't and he hasn't went in the houes either way since probably April.

Is it a behavior problem? Just coincidence that he may have gotten sick the same day we had his stitches out? And what could it be?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old October 15th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Senior Contributor

sorry no advise from me but there should be someone by soon to answer your question. Welcome to the forum. patti
Old October 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM

Thanks Patti I look forward to it.

So far just going to not feed him for the night and when I take him outside and he goes reward him. Best idea I have for now
Old October 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Doggie Wench

Are his stools normal or is it diarrhea? How old is Spaghetti (love his name ) and for how many hours is he alone? Is he normally free-fed or does he eat at scheduled times? Have you changed his diet recently?
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I was also just wondering if he isnt feeling well with the post op? maybe the meds/anethesia working through him? upset tummy. Maybe he is just not able to hold it while he feels under the weather?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Are his stools normal or is it diarrhea? How old is Spaghetti (love his name ) and for how many hours is he alone? Is he normally free-fed or does he eat at scheduled times? Have you changed his diet recently?
They have been diarrhea, and he is usually alone about 8 hours during the day. (never been a problem before) He is free fed during the day and then fed again at night. He is 8 months old right now. I haven't changed any of the food or anything. Also he is on no meds at all.

I am going to try to test everything and stop him from the raw hides he usually gets after going outside to play when i get home from work.
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:58 AM
-

I would not give him any rawhide (and also pig ears) as they are often contaminated with salmonella.

What brand of food are you feeding him? Blue Buffalo has a recent recall and before that Iams and Merrick did also.