Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior > Cat behavior forum - cat training

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 31st, 2004, 09:05 AM
banned user

Please help with my mad cat

Hi,

Havent been around in while have been busy with travelling back to England for a bit and finally adopting our pet, a calico female cat called Mya whom i adopted from a freind who is expecting twins and cannot give her any time, she is six months old, and at first seemed to be settling in, i put her litter tray in a place she was comfortable with and started scheduling her meals and she seemed to be likening to us, i know from what i saw when i picked her up from her old home that she was a little bullied by my freinds children and i am assuming that this is what makes her a little shy, but i assumed that with time trust would come and it seemed to be working, i have checked her in to be spayed in febuary, I am the one that does most of the leg work with her, i feed her, sift her poop and plop her in bed with me when i go, however the last couple of days she has been really pissy with me, growling and whinning whenever i pick her up and generally being a really sassy girl, Today she drove me nuts she was whinging and wouldnt let me near her, i tried to play with her with her mouse and she was really aggresive with me bit me realy hard. and then my husband gets home and shes all over him let him pick her up and gave him a huge hug, i thought maybe shes missed him and try and go near her and she starts crying again. Any ideas why she has suddenly taken a dislike to me??? i mean ive been really gentle with her paying her lots of attention and making sure she plays with her toys and gets some interaction. weve also had a freind staying with us and she was the same with him? just not my husband. My freind also mentioned that she could be comming into heat soon is that right and is this related to her behaviour? I dont think i can take her mood till febuary but ive found the vet i want to use as he came recommded and i cant take time off work to be with her post surgery until febuary.

Oh and one last thing ive found that shes a "digger" but she seems to do this even when shes not pooing is this normal and is it me being paranoid or does she do it when shes tried everything else to wake up up?
Please help its like living with a three year old temper tantrum child!

Thanks