Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:37 AM

Lost Special Needs Dog in Maple Ridge

We just recently adopted a special needs dog; Lacey. She's feral and deaf. We adore her and worked on having her come out of her shell which she did very well with us but she is still fearful of strangers and would run and hide. She's a Somoyed crossed with Border Collie. I've posted a pic of her in Craiglist and already contacted the SPCA. Here's the link to her pic in Craiglist. http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...442341659.html

Our fears are her being attacked by coyotes or hit by a car due to her deafness. She went missing today; October 28th at 11:30am when a guy came thru our gate and never shut the gate behind him and she took off. Do contact me if you seen her and let me know whereabouts. We are heartbroken and upset about this loss. She's microchipped as well. Thanks.
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Senior Contributor

My heart goes out to you. I hope she comes home to you soon. pbp
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Well I'm not in the Maple Ridge area but I will keep my eyes open. If there is a pound/SPCA in your area make sure you physically go in and check for your dog. A friend of mine lost her black lab once in Ontario and the pound told her they didn't have it, but when she went to check they did. So I can't say it enough, go and check for yourself. Good luck to you in finding your sweet Lacey soon. I hope she stays safe until she gets home. And thank you for rescuing her.
Old October 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM

Good news! She's found!!

The sad part is someone found her and took off her bark collar and tried to take off her regular collar as well but she must have took off on that person. But the bad thing about it is the person had her in his/her hands and chosen to take the bark collar from her neck and may have let her go again without taking her down to SPCA or contacting us. She had no tags on the collar but is micro-chipped. (we just adopted her) But luckily; someone else found her and took her in and said that she was missing her bark collar when she found her.

It wasn't about the bark collar that was stolen off her but about the lack of compassion of a person who stolen it for profit or for their own dog obviously isn't compassion person.

But in all..I'm just thankful that we found Lacey and we are off to find another bark collar for her this week. If anyone knows where we can get one for a cheap price; it would be appreciated. We got ours from Canadian Tire on sale for 50 dollars. They sell for 130 and up.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm so glad she was found safe and sound. Is the bark collar a citronella collar or an electric collar?? I would rather you work on the barking issue directly than use a collar on her. If it's electric please put it around your neck first and try it out before you decide to use it on your dear sweet dog. I just can't fathom using the electric collars. If you like it yourself then go to it, but me thinks you may change your mind. But again, glad this had a happy ending.
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Senior Contributor

I am so glad you found your dog. That is great news!

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)