Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM

Unhappy HELP, fast my dog wont moove

my usual happy, lively excitable cocker spaniel was in the garden about 30 minuets ago and he yelped really loudly and ran inside, since then he has sat in the same spot refusing to moove even when treats are offerd to him, he is protecting his back lefthand leg and wont let me look at it.... i cant take him to the vet as i cannot drive and i cannot get there for another 2 hours. is there anything i can do to help him in the meantime and does anyone know what it might be? i looked outside and i cannot see anything that could have done this to him
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Could he have stepped on a hornet, gaz? Was he playing when he yelped, or was he just wandering around?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:38 AM

im not sure what he was dooing or where in the garden he was... i was inside and i heard him yelp, all i saw was him running into the kitchen.
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Was he holding the leg up while running or was he putting weight on it? Is there any blood?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:43 AM

there is not any blood that i can see, like i said he wont let me look at it he was putting his weight on it as he ran but now he is not.
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:49 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Could be lot of things--a sting on a paw, a twisted ankle or paw, or something odd with a joint--but it doesn't sound like waiting two hours will make it worse.

If he won't let you look at it, just ignore him for a bit and see if he settles down. If he lies down you may be able to get a better look at it, too. If you can figure out where he's hurting (hip, knee, ankle, paw) icing it or putting a cool cloth on it might feel good to your boy.