Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:16 AM

Best off-leash areas in Montreal?

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are moving to Montreal from the UK with our dog Bramley. I'm trying to work out the best area to live - we need to be fairly near downtown (half an hour or less ideally) but I'm concerned about making sure there are good places to walk our dog. I understand you have leash laws, and that dog parks often won't allow unneutered dogs. Bramley is highly energetic, and on a typical walk runs about 10 times as far as the person walking him! We don't have leash laws in the UK and I can't imagine how he'd cope with them. I have no intention of keeping him on a lead all the time (no comments please from people who disagree with me!) - I've seen from the forum that there are plenty of people in Montreal who let their dogs off lead, and I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on the nicest places to do this, either legally (preferably) or not Dog parks are fine if they will take unneutered dogs (he has no associated dominance/agression/excessive mounting behavioural problems).

Thanks!

Tags
dog parks, montreal, off-leash