Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old March 22nd, 2006, 08:12 PM

Wink Super Hunter!

today in the afternoon I took Hunter outside to eliminate. We are on the grass by the apartments (I'm trying to get him away from people's doors because he developed a habit of wanting to go THERE). Then over the horizon (I sound like I'm exaggerating, but really, I didn't have my glasses on so assume that it was as far as I can see) I see an Alaskan Malamute, a big brown mutt bigger than the Malamute, and a yorkie (what a mix) running towards me, all without a leash. Further behind is the person walking all 3 dogs by herself with no leash - which is not permitted on base to begin with. But that's ok... I'll move on.

Hunter pulls his ears back and has his tail down just staring at these dogs come towards me - which I find funny because the Yorkie is THREE TIMES Hunter's size. I pick him up and I'm holding him close to me as the Malamute runs at me. I'm frozen stiff because I don't want to encourage the dogs to chase me, so i'm just waiting for them to come and sniff and move on.

Hunter starts barking at the dogs. It wasn't a puppy bark, it wasn't "yip yip yip". He was growling and barking at them ferociously and defensively. He wanted me to put him down and he's just going at the malamute, who is trying to approach me and sniff me but seems intimidated by how this 3 lb baby is barking at him. The dogs are wagging his tail and keeping low and trying to say hi to us and Hunter is just.. I don't know... P-Oed! I was laughing my head off. The dogs all walked around me and left without coming near me. Hunter is still barking them off as if to say "yeah that's right! And don't come back!" And I can't help but ask him "How do you have the audacity to bark at a dog that weights about 20 times more than you do like that?" You had to have been there.

The lady that's walking the dogs finally catches up (the dogs are all down the block) and says "that's pretty funny, my smallest dog is like him."

It's like I have a body guard, which is great, only 3 lbs of cute and cuddly puppy breath is not exactly going to ward off danger. LOL. But it was a funny story and I thought I'd share.

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal,
but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel."
- Proverbs 12:10
www.myspace.com/mhass1129
Old March 24th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Senior Contributor

That is the cutest story. It's like the Napolean complex I think. Our little guy thinks he's a big doggie too !! I love it. Can you imagine? You have no need to worry because you've got 3 pounds of fluffy cuteness protecting you. A sturdy sofa pillow would probably be a more effective deterent, but not nearly so lovable !! :love:
Old March 25th, 2006, 09:48 PM

You know, my boyfriend's 3 lbs yorkie does the same, barks like he can actually do something about the neighbour's 60 lbs staff terrier (very friendly dog who wouldn't hurt a fly) in our back yard...

The really funny part is the look on the yorkie's face when the staffie takes him up on the barking and charges him.. Man oh man does he realise quick that he's in over his head and he should find some cover. Did you know dogs could make this face ? lol
Old March 27th, 2006, 04:15 PM

yes, dogs can make that face... Hunter will make that face when the wind blows too hard and he's outside. LOL

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal,
but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel."
- Proverbs 12:10
www.myspace.com/mhass1129
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Lucy's daddy

LOL! that's funny.

Lucy is also 3lbs and she also thinks she's as big as an elephant! There's an 8 year old rottie that is usually brought to the park by his owners right when Lucy is playing there! Lucy is crazy! she goes and nips at the rottie's ears and completely ticks him off then runs away! Once the rottie felt like teaching Lucy a lesson so he chased her all the way to the very end of the park and jumped on her! LUCY got so scared she played dead for about 5 minutes after the rottie had left her alone!

I couldn't stop laughing and the rottie's owner who is a very nice old man assured that his dog would never hurt Lucy and he is right! That rottie is one sweet beast! These days when Lucy jumps up and down around him, he goes and stands right on top of Lucy and locks her between his legs disallowing her to make any move!