Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 21st, 2016, 10:56 AM

Advice please

My dog a staff female behaviour has changed over the past two weeks she's normally very placid and calm dog she started urinating on the our beds she has never been aloud on the beds before and never has done we decided to pop her in the kitchen when we go out to prevent it from happening which we do this when she is in season so it's not like it's the first time she has been in there I came home after picking the children up from I let her out the kitchen she had completely ripped chewed and destroyed my kitchen door she had even caused her self to bleed from the mouth doing it I know she's getting on in age and am conserved there maybe something wrong she has never done anything like this before she did have a phantom pregnancy a few months back aswell am worried about my jojo any advice will be great x
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:31 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, Nakita.

Sorry your girl is having problems. A good first step would be to have a vet look her over. The inappropriate urination might be anything from a urinary tract infection to the onset of diabetes. That wouldn't explain the destructive behavior, but something is going on and I suspect you'll need a vet's help to figure out what...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 21st, 2016, 11:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Your dog could be getting some kind of dementia , or an infection that making her act strange . I agree she needs to taken to a vet fast before she does something that could hurt herself like chew on a cord if she starting to chew on odd items.