Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old December 18th, 2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
How long do you keep the trap set? An hour? Two? All day? If it is set back in a sheltered area you can leave it for the day and make sure you check it (not up close) frequently. You don't want to scare away the cat.
usually I was setting up the trap for about 4-5 hours, when I put it in my backyard, it was set up for almost all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I really feel after this amount of time that someone has taken your kitty. Probably someone in the area where the posters are taken down. The person doesn't want anyone knowing the cat they have belongs to someone else.
That's was my feeling all the time. I know my baby, and trust me, he is no ordinary cat...I would say he is more like a dog - he fetches, takes showers, loooooves ride in vehicles, go for a walk...So I knew that he would not stay stray, he would approach a person or would go after a dog.....

So...after hundred houses I did not get any results (well, I talked to people, handed out flyers) but have not seen my baby...
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Cayenne,you must be heartbroken,I really feel for youbut please don't ever lose hope you'll have your beautiful kitty back
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:48 PM

wow, that's a new kind of scam I am facing with. I got a message-reply on my internet ads about lost cat. "A lady" was asking if I am still searching for a bengal kitty, and if yes, then I should send her my information. I sent a message back asking to explain what is that she wants from me. The lady came back with this story:
"Good day, well i have a Bengal cat cat i have been wanting to give away for 3 weeks now to any one who has had a good mastery of this breed of cats, so when i saw your add that you had lost one , i thought it perfectly well that you will take mine and replace it to yours.i am actually giving the cat out because it belonged to my daughter (Jenner) but with a heavy heart i lost Jenner last three weeks and she was all i got to take care of this cat .
Jenner died in an accident last 3 weeks on her way back from her piano classes and i have very bad memories when i see this Bengal cat(Telly) around me , because she was always together playing with her and since i am always busy with my work , i will really need to give her out to someone who can really care and love her just the way Jenner used to .Telly has been very lonely since Jenner passed away so the best thing i decided on as my colleagues advised me was to send the cat to a loving home . so i will really count on you if you can be there for this Bengal cat . I am located in Victoria . Please may i also ask you a few questions ?"

...then she asked personal questions like if I am married, do I have kids, where do I live, etc...

"please just do not mind me asking you all this i just want to be insured Telly gets into the right home , so why not prove to provide her with one and you will leave to enjoy her ever after . also will you kindly provide me with your full delivery information which i will be using to deliver the cat to you if need be !!,
i look forward to reading from you . just get back to me also for more
of her pictures .Kind regards
Nicoline"

The second message I receive clearly showed me that this person is a scam: "Good thing to know that you come from Edmonton [I didnot tell her ANY personal information, never mind where I am from], so it will be very easy for me to have a scheduled door to door delivery for the Telly to be delivered to your home address in Edmonton,my goal was to raise the healthiest, happiest baby Bengal kittens possible and place each of them in a loving home. I have ensured that appropriate health certifications have been performed to check for serious hereditary health defects. As well as provide routine preventative health care and regular examinations by a licensed Veterinarian. Your new cat will arrive up to date on vaccinations, vet checked and microchip in case she gets missing . I also feed only premium , all natural , cat food to the kitten . For this reason I am able to offer up to a two year written and signed health guarantee with confidence for the newest member of your family.
I am experienced at getting your cat to you quickly and safely . I can arrange flights to most major CA airports for just $ 200 and your pet will be delivered at your door steps . Not only do I want my baby Telly to have a good home, I want my new owners to be as happy as my cat is ! I strive to make your adoption as pleasant and simple as possible .
All what i will require from you to certify her delivery papers will include you providing me with the details below"

I am so tired of people trying to scam me, offering me to buy their cats, so I can "replace the loss", asking me for money implying they have information of my cat, and so on....
I am just questioning myself was I wise to post such big reward? The person who has my boy is now laying low waiting while I will exhaust myself, and meanwhile I am being bombarded by greedy dishonest scammers!
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh no, aren't people just horrible

Please don't give up hope, you never know when he might turn up

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 21st, 2010, 04:19 PM
banned user

I know I also offered $1,000 reward, and although I didn't get any scammers, it didn't seem to matter.
I was advised by the newspaper to advertise with a large cash reward rather than an amount.
Don't give up hope, I know it is hard and the mind never stops with the "what ifs". You are not alone, we are all praying for Cayenne's safe return....and I'd be there helping you if I was closer.
Old December 21st, 2010, 04:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Cayenne,we know some people just are void of any morals or compassion,I know it must be difficult dealing with these scammers,but don't lose hope for your baby.
We are all and hoping you'll see a little Christmas Miracle coming home
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:13 PM
-

Hang in there, Cayenne.
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:31 PM
Doggie Wench

I was thinking, who had your cat microchipped? Was it you or the breeder? Is the breeder local? Have you tried to contact her? What about other Bengal breeders in your area and cat rescues as well?

Also, have you registered with petlynx? http://www.petlynx.net/

Praying you'll be reunited soon.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:21 PM

Thank you guys, , I am not giving up. I keep coming back on this forum to get more energy and hope.
My husband asked me "what if we will not find Cayenne&", I said "We will...even if it take a year. We have resources, we have desire to find him, we have other people looking for him...So we will find him!"

I talked to one lady at Animal Control Center yesterday, and she said that sometimes people find animals, keep them, but after some time they realize how much work and responsibility it is to own an animal , so they turn them in to SPCA...after 3-6 months!
You see, Bengals are highly active cats; you have to be prepared to play/spend almost all day with them. They are involved in everything you do, you have to play with them (and when I say play, it involves a lot of hide and seek, running, playing fetch, wrestling, etc), to walk with them, jog with them (well, at least that's the case with my boy), be prepared that he will sneak in to a garage and jump in a vehicle for a ride with you....so basically, it is a dog in nature, but a cat in appearance.
So, I know that it is way to much work to keep my baby happy, and unless a person, who has him, works/stays at home, s/he will very soon realize that s/he cannot keep up with my boy. I just hope they will not turn him loose but will contact me ( for the reward), or will bring him to spca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
I was thinking, who had your cat microchipped? Was it you or the breeder? Is the breeder local? Have you tried to contact her? What about other Bengal breeders in your area and cat rescues as well?

Also, have you registered with petlynx?
I microchipped him, and I am making sure that the chip is activated as "Missing Cat".
Breeders in my area, and not only in mine, are all aware of my story. You see, Bengal community is very close one. This is why it is impossible to scam me with someones else pictures (I know right away whose pictures I am sent, and whos cat is on that picture) So they are all looking out for me, close and far!
I am on petlynx and all other sites.

I also filed a police report of stolen cat, so if I will ever find my baby in someones house, I will have a rightful ground to call police and they can proceed with action...and maybe charges.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:28 PM
Doggie Wench

Another thought. Have you been looking at classified ads where ppl are selling Bengal cats that may match the description of yours?

There's a neutered 1 yr old male posted on Dec. 2 on Kijiji (Edmonton area).

Or, you can post an ad pretending to want to purchase one and see if anyone responds (you'd have to use a different email address so it doesn't pop up as one of your "other ads")?
Old December 22nd, 2010, 02:05 PM
-

That's a great idea about the ad, LP.

Good luck, Cayenne.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 03:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Cayenne, I once picked up a stray cat. Brought it back to the shelter and it turned out the cat was chipped. Lost and found called the owner. The owner was shocked and emotional. Her cat had been missing for a year. It was obvious that someone had taken her cat in.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Sending some that you are soon reunited with your kitty.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:12 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Still praying every day for a reunion.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Cayenne, just to let you know that I'm still thinking of you and your kitty. I have not given up hope that one day you will be together again. Sooner than later would be the best though. Stay the course.
Old December 25th, 2010, 09:21 AM

Merry Christmas to all!
Old December 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Senior Contributor

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too and wishes you'll soon have your baby back home!