Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old April 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
ccollins08 ccollins08 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: new york
Posts: 4
My cat has seizures from Toxoplasmosis HELP please!!!!!!!

Two weeks ago our beloved Zazu went missing. For two nights we waited heartbroken for him to come back. I then went to a swampy/field two miles away from my house because I knew he was not in the woods. Low and behold after twenty minutes of searching he came out of where ever he had been hiding. He was so happy to see me. I was crying because I could not believe I found him. He was very dehydrated and hungry..fur coat in good condition. I brought him back to the house gave him food and water, and about five minutes after he had a seizure on my kitchen floor. I had never experienced this before, so Immediately scooped him up got in the cat and went to the emergency animal hospital. There they told me he was very dehydrated and he had a fever of 105. They were concerned of why he had a seizure. He spent the night in the animal hospital had a great night and right before we were going to bring him home he had another seizure. We brought him to our vet, who ran tests on him. He came back positive for lyme immediately. His liver and Kidneys were healthy. Did an xray on him everything was good. The toxo test takes a few days. Zazu stayed at the vet. As the days progressed his behavior became more erratic and violent. We got a call to come down and see him, and they believe he had rabies...foaming at the mouth very aggressive. (very heartbreaking to hear, as I had just found out an hour before hand my Grandmother had died unexpecently) His rabies shot was just up, so it was possible that he had it, and if you saw him you wouldn't think otherwise. We had to get the board of health involved, because we put ourselves at risk by handling him. (I am 8 months pregnant) Very hard decision on whether to put him to sleep, and find out since there is only a certain amount of time that the rabies vaccine can help. We decided not to put him down and wait one more day and see what the Toxoplasmosis test came back. To our relief the test came back very high, so they started giving him orally Clindamycin.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
    Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 0%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.