Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old April 9th, 2010, 03:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

And still more......

.... but that's it for a while. I promise.
These ones are the LHKitties. I am hoping to get their outdoor enclosure done soon now that the weather is warmer.
Zara - looking quizzical
Name:  IMG_0816.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  80.9 KB
Calysta - she moved her head in the first one just as I clicked so her little face is blurry. Second one is a bit better.
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:06 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Kearn - grooming after his breaky.
Name:  IMG_0791.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  62.4 KB
Zara is trying to bury their food in this one. Old habits die hard
Name:  IMG_0800.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  72.7 KB
And the big guy - Greyson - telling me to put down the camera and pay some attention to him please.
Name:  IMG_0806.JPG
Size:  65.6 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yum! Breakfast time!!
Name:  IMG_0797.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  67.3 KB
Kearn - finished grooming and looking fine!
Name:  IMG_0792.JPG
Size:  66.7 KB
Not sure what Zara was contemplating here.
Name:  IMG_0789.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  86.0 KB

Old April 9th, 2010, 03:11 PM
150% PRO S/N

Testy decided to show his face. Normally he doesn't come out until later in the day.
Name:  IMG_0846.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  49.3 KB
And this one I took today. Guess who the kitty is sitting sort of in the middle of everything with his back turned from the camera. Ace! Didn't take long to find the top of the house.
Name:  IMG_0849.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  88.5 KB

Old April 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Senior Contributor

what a home

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awwww, Calysta looks like a sweetie pie

Way to go Ace

I can't believe how well behaved your kitties are. Maybe it's because they know how lucky they are to be with you .

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ they are all so beautiful! What do u mean by LHKitties? I thought maybe u meant long haired kitties but they don't have long hair. *S*

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old April 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
You can call me DOG!

Their all so beautiful 14+ and just double checked the list of names!

to Ace!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:58 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks QMC! I love my little ones dearly.
L4 - We do have the occasional skirmish but it never lasts long. They have all found their space in the catuary and seem to respect each others most of the time.
TQ - LH is simple Little House kitties. They still have not started mingling with the others. Hopefully soon.
klm - I missed a few kitties still.
Ace is brave. I didn't think he would be able to climb up to the roof. He surprised me! He sure seems to be enjoying being with the rest of the kitties.

Old April 9th, 2010, 10:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Greyson reminds me so much of the kitty that stayed here briefly a couple of years ago. I love gray kitties...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:05 PM

Who's that walking past Testy's enclosure?

Do you think he'd be able to be integrated w/the rest?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:06 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Greyson reminds me so much of the kitty that stayed here briefly a couple of years ago. I love gray kitties...
I love spending time with him. He probably weights close to 16/17 pounds. Big boy. When I am bent over cleaning their litter boxes he is busy jumping onto my back, stretching out, and nuzzling my neck. The first time he did it I almost fell over! He is such a love bug. He loves to get on top of the crates and then stand up on his back legs against my chest. He then puts his paw on my cheek gently for a minute and then starts rubbing his cheek on mine,claiming ownership.
Zara does the same thing but she doesn't jump on my back like he does. They are very affectionate kitties. Kearn and Calysta are getting more loving all the time. They still aren't quite a year old so they are doing well.

Old April 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Who's that walking past Testy's enclosure?

Do you think he'd be able to be integrated w/the rest?
That is Spazzy. He needs a good brush out but I need to wait till it's warmer. He has a couple of mats I want to get before they get really bad. He won't like it.
I'm not sure. It will be a while for sure. He is really shy. I can pet him but not for long before he starts getting antsy. He very seldom will come out of his little house while I am there. The couple of times I have taken Snoopy in with me he hisses when he sees them. It will be a waiting game.

Old April 9th, 2010, 10:29 PM

Have any of the general population cats been a welcoming commitee of sorts, trying to make friends?

Old April 9th, 2010, 10:39 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Have any of the general population cats been a welcoming commitee of sorts, trying to make friends?
They do the same thing they always do. Go over, hiss, growl a little, spray if they feel the need, y'know, all the things normal kitties do. That usually goes on for the first day then they are back to resting on top of the enclosure and taunting the newbie. Newbie usually tries to attack from inside for the first little bit then settles down to watch and learn. All in a normal day around here.
Eventually they will get to the point where they will sit at the gate of his enclosure and wait for him to come over. That's when I find out if he will be ok with the others or not. That takes a while and lots of patience. If it doesn't look like they can make friends then he will have his own little spot.
I have never seen it as bad as when I first moved Trey and Orbit over. They had just been fixed. I hadn't managed to trap Jupiter yet so he was full of beans. The one side of the enclosure still has a spot where Orbit and Jup were going nose to nose with each other pushing against the sides of the fence. Now that was tense!! Now they are best buddies.

Old April 9th, 2010, 10:56 PM

Interesting that they seem to be more easy to accept one directly into the general population than one first separated, although I suppose that has more to do with those cats (Ace, Ajax, Spare Cat for example) having hung around the catuary for a bit first and of course how the "new" cat responses to them

and I do like those dark grey kitties the colour of the fur always makes it look very plush/dense even the long haired ones

Old April 9th, 2010, 11:05 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Interesting that they seem to be more easy to accept one directly into the general population than one first separated, although I suppose that has more to do with those cats (Ace, Ajax, Spare Cat for example) having hung around the catuary for a bit first and of course how the "new" cat responses to them

and I do like those dark grey kitties the colour of the fur always makes it look very plush/dense even the long haired ones

That is exactly it. The ones I bring over to the enclosures they have never seen before. The ones that hung around before taking the leap have been t/n/r and then decided they liked the looks of the catuary I guess. But they probably hung around it at night for a few weeks before going over the fence. I am still not 100% sure Spare Cat is fixed. I can't get close enough to check before he takes off. Ace and Ajax have been hanging around all winter. Thanks heavens it was a mild one!! Ace would be there all day and then go to the garage at night. Ajax would go hunt, bring back a mouse or two, and join him. Now I don't have to worry.

They feel pretty plush too.

Old April 9th, 2010, 11:14 PM

I guess it's the same sorta situation just outside a much bigger fence

Re Spare Cat even if he isn't at least you know he can't get out or get at any of the ladies since they're all fixed

Old April 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Re Spare Cat even if he isn't at least you know he can't get out or get at any of the ladies since they're all fixed
That's why I am not too concerned. I would of course like to make sure he is fixed but that will happen eventually. Every single one of them is fixed. No fear.

Old April 10th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor

The kitties on the roof and the fact Ace is completely accepting of the other kitties,makes me tear up...oh well,silly me
Cats are just amazing creatures,in the right hands
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
The kitties on the roof and the fact Ace is completely accepting of the other kitties,makes me tear up...oh well,silly me
Cats are just amazing creatures,in the right hands
Cats are amazing creatures if anyone wants to take the time to actually spend time with them and watch them. They each have their unique quirks and personalities.

Old April 11th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Senior Contributor

14+ oh little house kitties. I didn't know that they weren't all in the big house with all the other cats.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)