Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Unhappy I am sooo sad,people don't care

A bad day yesterday,so I expected a nice one today,well,it started with this black/white cat in my backyard,drove my cats crazy
I went outside with a dish of food and water in my front-yard so my cats would not see him.
This cat brought tears to my eyes,what a very sad face:sad:he is a total mess,his eyes and his mouth
I am sure he's the b/w cat I tried to catch earlier,in March,except he is in worse shape now
Then we walk Bailey and what do I see,a grey/white cat that can hardly walk,his side has no fur,something is wrong with his back
I talked to a lady who has 3 cats at the house where this poor kitty was and she does not care,just scares him away
How could you have cats and not care for the unfortunate home-less ones,it just baffles my mind
I will feed the Black/white cat every day,if he sticks around and try to get another trap from HS,even if he is euthanized,at least he will be suffering no more.
The look in his eyes when I spoke to him softly was one of pain and misery,I can think of nothing else right now
I wish he would have come to me,but at least he did not run away
I think the male cats are around here right now,because of the 3 in tact females next door,who by the way were not outside today.
Gosh,I am sorry,but I know everyone of you will understand how I feel,looking at my own kitties,then seeing suffering kitties
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Kitty pimp

yah i had 3 of those this witnter a lwast they aco is a nice guy and they arent suffering no more hope you can get them
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Jim thank's I hope so too,but in the meantime,at least he'll have food
I am not sure the other one has ever been here,but he is in desperate need,probably got hit by a car the way the fur is gone on his one side:sad:
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Senior Contributor

its people like you and I that care too much chico....we're hurt by this...and by uncaring people, hopefully you can catch the poor thing..*huggers* I think you need it
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh chico, I would be hysterical if I saw what you did.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I am so sorry you are having to see all of that chico. It's tough. I think in those cases the kindest thing to do is to try to trap them and have them euthanized. At least their suffering would be at an end.
Thank you for caring so much. The world needs many many more chicos in it.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, chico, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough couple of days.

I hope you can trap these poor little guys. Maybe they can still be helped

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

Most people don't care about anything but themselves now days

I hear ya on the bad days thing...life seems to go in cylces of terrible days then all of a sudden, the sun comes out, a bird chirps and all is well again...it's just getting through those days and that's what friends and family are for

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry about these poor kitties and that u had to see them. The poor babies.

At least the black and white one didn't run away. Maybe he will get better if he keeps eating the food u put out. Maybe he will stay on your property where it is safe.

You are such a caring person. *HUGS*

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Senior Contributor

i'm so sorry to hear that. breaks my heart to hear about it and that people don't care. i mean its not like its going to hurt her to put out some food for the poor little guys that person that chases the one away. if you have cats you are going to have food even in these tough times. i try to feed any strays that come around.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old May 9th, 2009, 12:39 AM
~Cat Servent~

:sad: I understand. Completely. As always my trap is yours if you need it, I'll be in near the airport Sunday night.

I could never ever shoo away any animal in those conditions, I'd have to try to catch them and help, even if it was just to end their suffering. I don't know how anyone can look away and go on with their lives like those animals are nothing.... :sad:

to both those kitties!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old May 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Dahmer thank you,but I don't think I'll have any trouble getting one from our HS again
You know,in the heat of the moment I always write my feelings here,you all must think I am such a drama-queen,such a wuss,but really I am not
It's just been such a bad week for animals and as I opened the paper this morning,I see Penny's pic,with the announcement her body had been found :sad:
I am going to continue feeding this kitty over the weekend then attempt to trap him,I'll name him Felix,so he's not just a kitty without a name.
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Chico - you are a doll! I am sure Felix will love his name. A little TLC will go a long way with him.
This too shall pass.......

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:52 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
You know,in the heat of the moment I always write my feelings here,you all must think I am such a drama-queen,such a wuss,but really I am not
Not at all Chico2 , I totally understand your frustration ! And I know the others do too. Seeing those poor homeless animals that some fu***** loosers just dumped outside , and us being the ones who care for them and try to save them , is extremely frustrating ! Those people don't give a crap , and we're the ones who's hearts are breaking over this.

I moved from the city to the country , to be more "in touch" with nature and to have dogs. But all I see here , breaks my heart. Dogs tied up to their dog house 24/7 , dead cats by the side of the roads , that people just let re producing and leave them outside ..... it said it before , I'll say it again : PEOPLE SUCK !
Old May 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Master of the Drool!

I see it all the time here.Cats wondering around trying to avoid cars. and people just looking the other way. It is really sad what us humans have become. There was a time people did care about the animals. Wish we could go back to that
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Many of you are used to seeing strays,I am not,not that anyone could ever get used to it,not anyone who cares anyway:sad:
This woman,in the street behind me,where I've seen the other almost lame cat before,has a dish outside and I assumed she was feeding him.
Stupid me,she puts food outside for her 3 cats when they go away,she'd never feed the stray....if that is what she does to her own 3,how can I expect her to feed a poor stray,you're right Frenchy,people suck big time
I have not seen Felix today,but the food is there for him,I just want to pick him up,show him I care,but that will not happen.
The 3 females next door have not been outside for 3 daysever since I told them about the very large Malamute/Akita/Husky(don't know what she was) in their yard.
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
-

Wow Chico, you have been having a rotten time of it lately. I know how sad you must feel seeing these poor souls. Hugs to you Chico for caring so much
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico, this broke my heart. Like you, I can't understand how people who have cats can just disregard those poor souls who have no home.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Senior Contributor

you can dump here anytime chico i don't think any of us judge we all love animals its such a great board with lots of caring people to bad there are so few of us and so many furries that need help

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old May 9th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Live well, laugh often

Hugs to you Chico and good luck with Felix .
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM

This is so sad, so many homeless cats and dogs everywhere and you can see the expression on their faces, "What did I do to deserve this?" Actually, to brighten up everyone's day, (since it's mother's day and for me the most important day of the year!). Even here in Quebec there are a lot of people that care and I have met some of them. Some do just a little to help the strays, only by coming a few times a week, feeding them outside and giving them fresh water. They don't belong to a rescue group, but want to help. Others take advertising flyers around or give some money, just to help a few, because this is all they can afford. This makes me happy to know of several ladies that are on welfare and they have offered just a few $$$ to help animals. We know of their situation and would never take $$$ from them, so at least they want to foster. They don't have enough for themselves, but they want to help animals, in the little way they can. These type of people make my day and I am touched by their kindness!!!
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Pet Guardian

chico this would upset me alot too. keep feeding kitty.
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Kiara,yes, the ones who have the least will often times have more compassion for others,even animals.
In my quest to find out if these kitties belong to someone,I've knocked on several doors,talked to people and honestly nobody really cares:sad:
I dirty,scraggly,sick looking little cat is no more than a pest to most
I've been putting out food,checking through the day and evening,to see if it is one of the 2 strays eating,but there are a lot of different creatures around here.