Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 1st, 2006, 04:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Now I just noticed you are moving - and as I write this another doctor- (who thinks I am doing my ped research stuff, !!) - is waiting for me. Is there a group in Mtl who can care for them after you move or they might have a member who would. It sounds like you may have to trap these klitties and find them a place to stay. Gawd, I wish I was close!!!!! When are you moving? Maybe we can organize something online - get together to help you....I am thinking out loud here. Gotta get!
Old February 2nd, 2006, 05:25 AM

It kills me to watch this post, I know how hard it is to stare at cats and wait for something to happen. Me and my mom feed a lumber yard full of cats, >< they're too ferral to even attempt to find homes for, so we just feed and shelter them.
I showed my Mom this thread, who showed it to one person who showed it to the next... Its so sad that they're far away. Every one here is so interested in helping them, my Aunt even claimed she would take them all for her bunk house in a heart beat!
I hope that you find a home for them, and I can understand why you wouldn't give them to the SPCA. My family never "adopts" from humane societys, the last time we dealt with them they took one look at my kitten I've kept and told me he was too wild to be adopted, and he would be put down at the end of the day...
Its so sad...
Old February 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16
Catsnatcher- Just to update on the farm... he hasn't said no yet He needs to think it through as he just got 2 other cats given to him to live on his farm...they are declawed so they have to be indoors.
Your 2 ferals cats will have to stay inside the home for awhile so that they don't run off which means he now has to think about how 2 declawed cats and 2 ferral cats will get along in a home. He will get back to me ASAP.
I am still trying to find homes for my 2 foster babies and I hope I will be able to help you with the other cats. Can you take the cats with you when you move, which may give me more time to play with?
Hi cpietra,

Thanks for the update. The two ferals are not violent. They come near me and don't run away from me while I'm feeding them but they absolutely don't let me touch them. I've never seen them fighting with other cats or show up all bruised up. I don't think that they'll fight with the other two declawed cats but it makes me feel better to know that he is responsible enough to think about the consequences rather than jumping on a definite yes or no.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get your two fosters adopted. I would love these cats to be safe before the eventual storms that stroll in every February.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
Now I just noticed you are moving - and as I write this another doctor- (who thinks I am doing my ped research stuff, !!) - is waiting for me. Is there a group in Mtl who can care for them after you move or they might have a member who would. It sounds like you may have to trap these klitties and find them a place to stay. Gawd, I wish I was close!!!!! When are you moving? Maybe we can organize something online - get together to help you....I am thinking out loud here. Gotta get!
Thanks for the offer Cyberkitten,

Most groups here have their hands too full to work with any of them let alone 5 of them. I can't think of a more obvious miracle than finding 5 separate homes who all have extensive experience with ferals. I don't think I'll have a problem trapping them since I've done it before. It's finding them a place to go after they've been snared...
Old February 2nd, 2006, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixvnajlavxix
It kills me to watch this post, I know how hard it is to stare at cats and wait for something to happen. Me and my mom feed a lumber yard full of cats, >< they're too ferral to even attempt to find homes for, so we just feed and shelter them.
I showed my Mom this thread, who showed it to one person who showed it to the next... Its so sad that they're far away. Every one here is so interested in helping them, my Aunt even claimed she would take them all for her bunk house in a heart beat!
I hope that you find a home for them, and I can understand why you wouldn't give them to the SPCA. My family never "adopts" from humane societys, the last time we dealt with them they took one look at my kitten I've kept and told me he was too wild to be adopted, and he would be put down at the end of the day...
Its so sad...
Xix,

If you were an hour away, I guess this problem would be solved! Over the last few years that I've been trying to place them, they've always been one phone call too late, one day too late, a year too old, an hour too far...
Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Could other cat or animal groups and there are more groups where you are then here - somehow each take one and if there are bonded pairs, two so that they at least have some care? Even if they have to go to Ontario. Are you in Mtl - I forget but think you are - am gong to talk to my sister tho I know she may not have time, she may know someone. I so wish I was close - I would build them a place near my home. I just know it would be impopssible to transport feral cats this far. (sigh!) and prob too stressful for them to begin with!!
Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Catsnatcher, I have been talking to someone who has been feeding ferels outside for a few years now. It's in Pointe Claire, sorry not a farm.
I told her about the 2 ferel and she is coming over to my house on Sunday and I will be able to talk to her and show her the pictures. I know its not a definate yes but its atleast some lead. She also wants to see Kirby and Chelsea...incase she knows of someone that is looking to adopt. I so hope that I find someone that I can trust to take my babies so that I could atleast get yours and have a happy end to this story...to be continued..by the way i have not lost hope yet...please don't...I need all the good "adoption vibes" that I can get.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Catsnatcher,CPietra,I keep hoping every time I open this thread that a miracle has happened..some kitty has stepped up to help.
I know they are safe as long as they are with CS,but if you have to move and there is noone to feed them,too terrible to think of:sad:
You are probably both trying to find a solution every waking hour and I hope one day to read about a happy ending
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16
Catsnatcher, I have been talking to someone who has been feeding ferels outside for a few years now. It's in Pointe Claire, sorry not a farm.
I told her about the 2 ferel and she is coming over to my house on Sunday and I will be able to talk to her and show her the pictures. I know its not a definate yes but its atleast some lead. She also wants to see Kirby and Chelsea...incase she knows of someone that is looking to adopt. I so hope that I find someone that I can trust to take my babies so that I could atleast get yours and have a happy end to this story...to be continued..by the way i have not lost hope yet...please don't...I need all the good "adoption vibes" that I can get.
Good luck today Cpietra!
Today, when I went tof eed them, Tiger and charlie let me pick them up (not for long, I didn't want to push my luck). It justr eminds me that these 3 shouldn't be outdoors...:sad:
Old February 10th, 2006, 11:12 AM

The gang

I keep updating this thread with new images because I'm banking on a miracle. Also, it's the only way I can still remain hopefull for them. Here they are today.
Attached Images

Old February 10th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

Your posts always break my heart! I wish there was more I can do, I called and talked to everyone I can think of. I will keep on trying
Old February 10th, 2006, 01:40 PM

Thanks Poodletalk....
Old February 18th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Catsnatcher,

Are your outdoor cats ok after yesterdays weather?
Old February 18th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't think I've hoped for any cats to make it to a home,more than these 5,I think about them all the time,but that is certainly not helping them:sad:
I don't know what to do or say,I just keep following the thread and hope..:sad:
Old February 18th, 2006, 10:41 AM

It's very bad outside. I put up a tarp at the entrance under the balcony but it has blown over and has now frozen to the ground so the wind gets into their area.

Today,when I opened the door to the basement, Tiger, Puma and Louise ran inside and sat in the garage while I prepared their food.

I give them 3 cans of wet and 3 cups of dry and I also pour them a bowl of hot water. Tiger loves the hot water. I always watch her face hunched over the hot vapors from the bowl and pray for summer.

But winter is safer for them because at least they spend most of their time under my balcony. They're able to roam around people's backstairs and sit on their BBQs or discarded appliance and bask a few minutes in the sun. But in the summer, there are so many kids and people in the alleys and outside that it's not as safe for them anywhere.

I thought about them all night. And tonight, the wind and the cold is suppose to get worst.

To make matters worst, there are 2 strange strays that are stalking Louise... Louise is fixed but the tomcats don't know that so they're terrorizing her. When I come home late at night, I keep seeing her sprinting across the street and trying to defend herself from them and there's nothing I can do to help her.
Old February 18th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Senior Contributor

It's such a shame we can't find a solution to this problem.

Last edited by poodletalk; February 19th, 2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old February 18th, 2006, 11:57 AM
-

With the weather we've been having (yesterday and today at least) I was thinking about all the poor homeless animals out there.It me made soo sad and mad at the people who left them there.It's should be a crime and they should get,themselves,a good night outside when it's 20 below.Good luck with the gang catsnatcher,you are an angel.
Old February 22nd, 2006, 07:02 PM

I'm just glad that winter is coming to an end soon...

I'm gonna post more pics of these cats here and rename this thread The Chronicles of the Homeless Bunch.

Perhaps their sad and horrible situation will remind the occasional visitor to the forum to neuter their pets.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 08:55 AM
Senior Contributor

C-S,I wish we had an animal-friendly reporter,who would write a full-page story about the tragedy of abandonned cats,the cold,hunger and often death they suffer,because of uncaring people.
The many little "awww so cute kittens"who freeze to death in winter,who should not have been born,the wounded cats who die a slow death from infections,trying to find a warm spot in a frozen world:sad:
It's to me beyond comprehension that enyone can be so very cruel to a little defenseless animal,after all we are not talking about tigers..
A few,like your 5 cats are lucky,at least they have full bellies,which luckily kept them alive this winter,but for how long?
Sorry for getting mushy,I just think it's so very sad..with no happy ending.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Good News Catsnatcher, I spoke to my vet tonight the farmer who has a heated barn is looking for more cats!!! The two cats she took from the vet clinic last month she liked so much that she brought them inside her house.She desperatly needs mouse catchers for her barn. I told my vet about your five cats, she didn't seem thrilled about the feral cats,but she seemed to like the idea of the three other cats. I told her the cats are vacinated and sterilized, she's going to speak to her client about the cats. I don't know when but she will and she will tell me what the chicken farmer said. Lets keep our fingers crossed!!!

In the mean time, send SOS Miow the pictures and descriptions, they will post the cats on their website.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:11 PM

OMG! WOW!!!! If this works out, that would be amazing! (I wouldn't mind trying to convince him/her to take all 5 since none of them are violent. Thelma and Louise haven't been tamed for indoor life but they let me pet them while their eating and they always smell my hand when I extend it...but that's the extent of it.)

I don't want to seem ungrateful or too picky, but I really think I would want to take a drive to the farm and check out the place before giving them these kitties....

I would've prefered a cozy home for Tiger and Charlie and Puma but if s/he's willing to keep them indoors for a few months so they won't try to escape back here and if s/he is a wonderful, caring and responsible farmer, then I couldn't really object.

...omg! Imagine...
Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I'll say a prayer for these kitties tonite!! Poor babies out in the cold!! :sad:
Old February 24th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Catsnatcher, I have an appoitment with her next Saturday, I would love to
give her pictures of your cats. She can see them and the chicken farmer can see them as well. I don't have a colored printer, do you have one? Is it possible you can mail me some pictures for next Saturday.

Catsnatcher,there's no way the cats would ever be able to find you again if they are with her. She lives in the farm area of the south shore very far away where you live. My vet would never recommend giving her animals if she didn't properly take care of her own. I guess being a chicken farmer, she's always in her barn so the cats will eventually warm up to her but I think the cats will be too busy chasing mice to notice her.

Last edited by poodletalk; February 24th, 2006 at 07:23 AM.
Old February 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM

Is your appt Sat. 25th or March 4rth? I have a colour printer and can e-mail the pics to you at the same time as SOSMIOW.

I have so many questions about the barn life...

Do you know if cats are afraid of chickens? Are they fed regularly or do they rely on mouse-catching? Do they get seen by a vet? How big is the barn? Do they stay inside the barn for a few months or weeks or whatever

I always hoped that somehow one day Tiger and Charlie and Puma would end up at the foot of someone's bed.

I don't want to make a mistake....

Thanks poodletalk
Old February 24th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Senior Contributor

March 4th. I don't have a color printer, I need you to print them out to me and mail them( by stamp and envelope to me) My dogwalker had the same concerns when the farmer took her stray cat. My vet said, they will have regular food, the barn is heated and they take excellent care of the animals.

I don't know the size of the barn, but I assume it's large if they are farmers. What my dogwalker did when the farmer took her bed, gave her a bag full of staff for barn life. Blankets, baskets, food, treats for the cat since she thought the cat would be cold living in the barn.

The barn is heated for the chickens, they won't be cold and no cats aren't afraid of chickens. The chickens are in large cages so the cats won't be able to go near them.

Still send the pictures to SOS, this isn't a sure thing but right now!
Old March 1st, 2006, 02:38 PM

A few days ago, Tiger let me pick her up! I mean, I always pick them up and move them around so that they can get use to it, but a few days ago, she let me hold her like a regular cat in my arms. I'm so proud of her...

Here's a pic of the first winter she spent outdoors, 2 years ago. She was less than a year old. (PS. She's fixed now and all but one baby survived and were re-homed)
Attached Images

Last edited by catsnatcher-CDN; March 1st, 2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old March 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM
Rottie owner and lover

catsnatcher, do you think she would be ok with a dog?. Or do you think that may stress her out too much ? pm please
Old March 1st, 2006, 04:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Catsnatcher,she was beautiful then and still is,thank's to you:love: I would give anything to come and get her,but(there always is a but:sad: )3 cats in reasonable harmony is all we can handle.
Are you still moving??
It would be great if she is ok with dogs(rottielover),but I guess you don't know if she is..:sad:
Not many cats like to be carried around,Chico and Rocky don't,Vinnie likes to hang on my shoulder,all 16lbs of him,so Tiger is doing good:love:
Old March 1st, 2006, 04:51 PM

There's no way to tell how she would be with dogs. She's not a violent cat so I know she won't attack a dog. She'll probably keep her distance. I don't know if she'll be terrified.

Yes I am moving. I don't know when I'd be moving because I haven't found a place yet and I'm being very picky.

I couldn't believe she let me hold her like that, but I didn't push my luck. I held her back paws with my left hand and cradled her with my right and she didn't flinch a bit. But it wasn't for long. I didn't want it to be a bad experience for her. So it lasted like ~ 5 seconds.
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM
Senior Contributor

That's usually how long I can carry mine around and I learned to always support their backpaws.
Vinnie however can hang around on my shoulder for an hour
You must be very attached to these kitties by now,it will not be easy to leave them,I know I probably could not:sad: ,unless you through a miracle find them a home