Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old May 31st, 2007, 01:27 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
Talking Rah rah, sis boom bah!!

In light of some recent strong/bad feelings that have apparently (and unfortunately:sad: ) arisen on the BB, I just wanted to emphasize what an incredibly POSITIVE experience my past year or so as a member has been.

Great big to all the folks, 'regulars' and 'newbies' who communicate with respect and humour, and make this BB an enjoyable/entertaining/informative place to be!!
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:39 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I love your "rah rah sis boom bah" attitude!!

People think I am a freak because I feel so passionately about animals, and I would actually wonder if they were right! It was hard to find people like me, then I found this place, and low and behold, I found a whole forum full of freaks just like me!!

I have learned so much here, and continue to learn things daily, I also share the knowledge I learn here with co-workers and friends!

Because of this place I learned about petfinders, and have directed at least 8 people to that and this site to adopt their pet, instead of buying one from a petstore!!!

It's not about our feelings, our spats, or our childishness, it's about helping people with their "pets" making a difference, for the ones who have no voice.

That's what I think this place is all about, the "animals" the "pets" and I truly think some have lost sight of that:sad:

I stay because if I can stop just one person from buying that petstore puppy, or talk one person into getting their pet altered,or help someone get their sick pet to a vet, that's all that really matters here.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:50 AM
Senior Contributor

I guess I am one of the freaks too then :sad:

Great posts KK and happycats!!!

I stay as well for the reasons happycats have mentioned. I have learned a lot here, and I too have changed people's minds about buying from a petstore versus adopting from a rescue or shelter.
Also, as soon as I am in a better position to do so, I am going to start fostering, and I owe a lot of that to here
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:54 AM
N/A

I really enjoy pets.ca, I love learning how to better take care of my fur rainbow from members who share their wisdom...and I enjoy sharing my wisdom also.

I have been a member for a year, I read most of the time and post here and there. Everyone must know by now that I am a huge animal lover, I help domesticated, farm, and wildlife animals in need working with the O.P.P., MNR, and the OSPCA.

I am not a judgemental person, I always think that we should help educate with kindness and was brought up with the saying...if you can't say anything nice or helpful then don't say anything at all.

We all have learned to be wonderful pet owners, and we did this from learning from our own mistakes and doing better when we knew better.

Pets.ca has so much to offer, there are members here from different parts of the world. We are all here for the same reason...Our Love Of Animals! :love:

Your animal loving friend,
Furbaby Momma,
Together we can make a difference,
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:27 AM

Thumbs up

Pets.ca really is the first place that I check when I turn on my browser, lol, not my e-mail, I come and see what happened last night on pets.ca. The members are so interesting, passionate, and compassionate, and everyone brings their own personality, making the board better as a whole.

I love this place, and recommend it to people all the time. So a huge grouphug to everyone at pets.ca. And rah rah sis boom bah to all of you!
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:36 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

We should all remember that we all had to learn at some point, whether it be from our parents, experience, or from a mentor. I was lucky to have parents who taught me about compassion for animals and that there were so many unwanted pets so ALTER any animals I get in my life. Others have not been so fortunate and therefore those who have the expertise, and there are many on this forum that do, could perhaps take a "mentoring" approach to teach them.

Thank you to all who share their expertise and experience to teach others.
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I am not completely aware of what went on this week,but I for one LOVE this Forum and it's the first thing I check in on every morning and after dinner.
It's people like you guys,with the same "freak"tendencies who keeps me here
I will do anything I can to try to help,my expertise is not widespread,what I know,I've learned from having cats most of my life,also my love for any animal,except the house-centepedewhich sends me in to a tail-spin
So,this old broad will still be around and I hope all of you will too
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashtin's kin View Post
Great big to all the folks, 'regulars' and 'newbies' who communicate with respect and humour, and make this BB an enjoyable/entertaining/informative place to be!!
I totally agree .
Old June 10th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Sorry I missed this thread everyone.

Thanks so much for those nice words. I too love the strong community that has been built here and I'm happy to hear that most members feel our board is good and helpful.

Thanks again members!!!

Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old June 11th, 2007, 12:26 AM
-

I also somehow missed this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats
It's not about our feelings, our spats, or our childishness, it's about helping people with their "pets" making a difference, for the ones who have no voice. That's what I think this place is all about, the "animals" the "pets" and I truly think some have lost sight of that
Very wisely stated and I totally agree.
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Awww thank's Rainbow

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Contributor

I know something happened here lately, but not sure what it is, I have been busy with my new four kittens.

But I love pets.ca, and will keep checking in to see what is going on, and to tell folks about my ever growing family.

Diane