Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old November 9th, 2004, 08:52 AM

Its Snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited! I am an Aussie in Montreal, and the last time I lived in snow was when i was 5 years old. Today it started snowing and I LOVE it. Just wanted to share my excitement :P

(And yes, I am well aware of the fact I will prolly be sick of snow come February!)
Old November 9th, 2004, 09:13 AM

The first real snow of the season is always wonderfull. My daughter is 24 and lives on her own and has phoned me on the first snow to share her excitement since leaving home.

Last edited by Dukieboy; November 9th, 2004 at 09:13 AM. Reason: grammer
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Shih Tzu Owner

First snow in Montreal eh? Its great until you have to drive around in the snow all winter!!
Old November 9th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Senior Contributor

It is easier to drive when snowing, than pouring rain. Atleast I think. You can see a bit easier. Plus it is alot prettier!
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributor

oh lexah, you will miss the lovely hot summer (but probably a good thing, fire season looking bad). im heading up north soon so i promise to think of you as i swim and swan around Byron Bay and the creeks of Nimbin . i dont know how you do it, but your brave, i hate winter and am soooo glad to see summer coming. enjoy your snow make lots of snow angels for us, but do keep warm
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Melanie how cold did it get this winter? Come on up to Canada and we will show you what winter is really like. My best mate lives in Oz and was home last winter for christmas and said she finds winter here unbearable after the inital isnt it pretty. She was born and raised here and only moved about 6 years ago and would never move back here because it is so beautiful there. She calls usually when she see on the news that we have had our first storm to say she is on the beach lounging with a bottle of p***. Playing with Bluey
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Senior Contributor

it was real cold, got to like 0 degrees celcius some nights and 10 in the days, buurrrrr (they say it was a warm winter too). i moved her two yrs ago from nth nsw, the winter there is 15deg celcius on a cold day, nad that was awful for me, such a woose. i would die in canada, i really would. here it gets cold and i hibernate, hubby looks foreward to summer as he knows i will finally wnat to go outside. summer is like a nice mango for me, tasty and really really juicy, yummmmm.

But it may be cold, but hey you get so many cool channels on tv, you would not have ot leave all winter, with my five pathetic channels it can be rather dull during winter and then summer, cricket cricket cricket, oh lexah im sure you wont miss the boxing day test match, i actually think if hell exists that is what i would be, a continuous boxing day test match, what a yawn..

but then again you miss out on the V8 supercar series which i could not live without, so there is two sides to that old coin, and just to add, FORD sucks and craig lowndes is nothin but a little traitor and will never get to drive HOLDEN again, sorry i digress horrahhh.

dont forgetthe snow angels and do lots of snowboarding on good snow, then go to perisher with crap snow when you come back and wow the crowds
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Senior Contributor

We had snow over the weekend but I was in Halifax so when I returned, most of it was gone, yay!!! But it will come back!
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Melanie if I could I would never experience another winter again. I hate it. I think it should snow only on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day then lets get back to nice hot weather and outside patios and no coats. I am jealous so bottle some sunshine and fedex it to us. We will send snow.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

oh a white christmas, how gentile. well that is how it seems anyway,xmas seems so much more appropriate in the cold for some reason. it did snow once here when i was a girl on christmas, it was 1982 and it happened at yass and golburn in NSW (ref for all you aussies). it was an unseasonal and freaky cold snap the night before, and in the middle of summer a cold snap hit and bang, we got a bit of snow, was not much but to us it was a snow field. it was so exciting and will be one of those stories for the record books.

being such a drama queen, when ppl ask how i am in winter, i tell them sadly that 'it is the winter of my discontent', that is a little pathetic if i say so my self oh such a drama queen.

yes have just bottled sun and it is on way, i have not included any of the drought as i was unsure if you would appreciate it, i mostly cant so i dont expect you too (good thing about drought, every day is sun shinny and beautiful, dry but beautiful, you have to find something good in it or else you will be very unhappy.)

but again, dont forget your mittens and heavey duty antarctica jackets, and those sheepskin lined pants they wear down there, boy you must spend an awful lot on warm clothing there, i only just brought a jacket, i have not had one for at least 10yrs, never need it but in this cold place, a jacket was needed.
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Senior Contributor

My mom lives just outside of Windsor and HATES snow! We got about 3 or 4 inches last night. I keep threatening to take the cover off the truck and bring a load of the stuff that falls over night...I haven't been invited down lately...
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Who could hate the snow! It is so pretty. The only thing that can get to me at times is the cold and windchill, but I still love winter.
Old November 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM
banned user

I am so jealous!!! I love winter, and snow... I can't wait for it to snow here and the farmers almanac said we're going to have a bad one this year, I can't wait!!

The only things I hate about it are, losing money cause hubby can't get to work, and slush and salt being brought in the house!

But I love going sledding with my son and coming home to drink hot chocolate! It's awesome!
Old November 10th, 2004, 07:03 AM

as you might of seen ive been skiing but other than that never seen real snow we had coverings in england and the place would come to a stand still.

My boys were really excited when it snowed and i said we will get more and lots of it soon!!

I havent done a winter yet and im always cold so god help me lol!! I watched the weather programme last night and they were educating people who emmigrated here like me but from warmer climates like jamaca on the snow it was a shock to theese people.

As for the tv programms not sure as i get about 200 channels of rubbish to me lol!