Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 5th, 2001, 10:44 PM

Smile kitten's eye

My brother just got a kitten this week. We live in different provinces so I can only rely on what he is telling me. His kitten is over 6 weeks old but one of her eyes is still partially closed. I know this happens when they are born and usually it opens up. His roomate told me there was no crusting or anything leaking from the eye. What can he do to help the kitten opening its eye. I've heard a long time ago something about applying a tea bag on the eye. Does that work. If yes what kind of tea?

Clueless on this subject
Old February 1st, 2002, 02:36 PM

Your brother needs to take the kitten to the vet to have the kittens eye looked after otherwise...the kitten could have an infections or worse...it's not that expensive. I've never heard of the tea bag thing. This kitten would be needing her shots by now anyways. Hopefully your brother does the right thing and brings her to a vet. Good luck. The kitten could also have worms or ear mites, it's good to check all of that out just to be on the safe side.
Old April 12th, 2002, 01:33 PM

I agree.The kitten should see the vet anyhow for it's shots.If you can't get an appointment right away you might want to try wipping the affected eye with a warm damp cloth every once in a while .It might ease the discomfort and to lossen up any possible dibree from around the eye.
Good luck and keep us poasted.
Fluffy
Old October 14th, 2002, 10:39 AM

Lisa is a PETA nazi board troll

Quote:
Originally posted by veganlady
Your brother needs to take the kitten to the vet to have the kittens eye looked after otherwise...the kitten could have an infections or worse...it's not that expensive. I've never heard of the tea bag thing. This kitten would be needing her shots by now anyways. Hopefully your brother does the right thing and brings her to a vet. Good luck. The kitten could also have worms or ear mites, it's good to check all of that out just to be on the safe side.
Hi! I'm Lisa, aka Veganlady, aka BOARD TROLL. I am A peta Nazi. I know EVERYTHING about animals, more than God himself,even. I would LOVE to give you advice, but first i need a stool sample from you to make sure you are not an evil MEAT EATER. If you are, I'll make myself look like a retard by posting my Peta propaganda all over every board you visit.