Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old July 21st, 2010, 07:38 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Meet Dart

So named because he darted in front of my friends' car last night. She showed up with him in her arms at 9 pm after searching for littermates or mom. She found neither. That doesn't mean they aren't there. They could be lost in the very large corn field Dart came out of. I am leaving shortly to see if I can lure out more if they are still there.
I think he is around 5 or 6 weeks old. Not old enough to be away from mom for sure. He spent most of the night either crying in the emergency crate I set up for him or curled up in my arms purring. Didn't use the litter all night so this morning I brought out poop from another box and put it in his. He sniffed and immediately peed. No poop yet but I'm sure he will now he knows what the box is for.
I am sooooooo tired of these idiots who would rather dump kittens than get mom fixed!
You can see how tiny he is......
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 21st, 2010, 07:45 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

A couple more.....
I am thinking about setting up a large carrier in the spare room for him so he can see the other kitties and Mom can get used to him. Last night she hissed at him but I think given a day or two she may be ok. He is too tiny to risk being in there without me watching in case she thinks he's food.
Name:  IMG_1700.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  88.1 KB
I put MiniMoo in with him for a minute or so this morning to show the size difference. MM is three months old now. Dart
Name:  IMG_1704.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  75.1 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

14+K - again you are there for those that are desperate. How do you do it Girl.

Again - you are an angel 1000 X over. God Bless you 14+K..

Dart is absolutely adorable.
Old July 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
~Cat Servent~

Well at least he picked the right car to dart in front of! Poor little gaffer....hopefully his littermates turn up and find their way to you (or other good people) before they meet a car that doesn't stop for critters.

He is adorable....those big eyes look a little confused, but he'll settle in to the 'good life' at gerri's in no time!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:23 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG, the poor kitten

I would say about 5 weeks. I wonder how many more there are and what happened to momma.

Once again you are an to a lost soul

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:10 AM
Doggie Wench

What a precious little kitten . I'm glad he's safe...hope momma and any siblings are too .
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:28 AM
-

omg he's so tiny and too cute too !

I'm hoping you'll find the momma and the others but at least , one is safe thanks to you !
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM
Compromised account

OMG... he is so cute!
and soooo tiny!!

TG for you, 14+, you are a true angel for these poor souls.
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:37 AM
Mom of Cody and Nova

What a sweet little kitty! He definitely picked the right person to run out to, and it's good there wasn't a sad outcome. He's safe now, and hopefully if the rest are out there they can come to safety as well. As always, your an
Old July 21st, 2010, 09:46 AM
150% PRO S/N

Hubby has gone out and looked around the area. He can't see anything else. I am heading out myself soon. I have been busy doing the rounds of feeding, cleaning boxes, etc so haven't had a chance yet. Right now I am heading for the shower and then will go spend some time looking.
Dart knows solid food quite well. He wolfed down a can in no time last night as well as a small dish of kitten milk. I will be worming him later in the day. I wanted to give him time to settle before forcing that on him. He is almost identical to my Tinker in the catuary. Let's hope he will be able to find a permanent home soon along with Naddy's six. He is zonked in the crate. Rough night for him. Poor sweetie.

Old July 21st, 2010, 10:20 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What a sweet little tyke! You're such a good soul to take in yet another when you're already overflowing, 14+!!!

Good luck with the search! I hope the rest of the family can be located.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:32 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

What a cutie 14+ for you being the that you are

I agree he did dart in front of the right car.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Such a beautiful little guy. You are amazing. Thank goodness he found a safe place to be.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM
Senior Contributor

More kitties!! Well okay, one for now. Bless you again my friend for taking in yet another little soul in need. Dart is just too cute for words and he certainly did know who to run into!
Old July 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
150% PRO S/N

Well, seems like he was a one and only. I can't see others or any sign. I will take another look tonight just in case they are in hiding now.
He sure knows other kitties though. When he sees the other ones he purrs up a storm. I want to get him health checked before allowing too much contact. You can count every little rib on him.
I am not the hero. That was my friend who stopped the car and searched for him in the ditch and then looked around for any others for some time before bringing him to me. Without her he surely would not have made it through the night.

Old July 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
150% PRO S/N

Oh! We have poo too!!! Forgot to mention that!

Old July 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Oh! We have poo too!!! Forgot to mention that!
Good job, lil tyke!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
Half Way To Crazy

poor little guy..

but a least he found the right car to go in front of and YOU

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:05 PM
150% PRO S/N

Nope, I don't like cats!
Name:  IMG_1709.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  53.3 KB

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Nope, I don't like cats!
Attachment 67736
Ummmm, is that a male arm I see holding the kitty

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Ummmm, is that a male arm I see holding the kitty
Kitty is resting on hubbys belly L4. He had quite a good nap with him.

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:28 PM
-

Quote:
Kitty is resting on hubbys belly L4. He had quite a good nap with him.

woohoo for the poop !! he's sooo darn cute .... I'm hoping one day I'll get to foster a mom and her kittens , or kittens ...
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Could this be a dumped litter??? It just doesn't seem to be a kitten from a feral momma, or even a momma who had her kittens outside and were never brought into the house.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:37 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Could this be a dumped litter??? It just doesn't seem to be a kitten from a feral momma, or even a momma who had her kittens outside and were never brought into the house.
I'm pretty sure he was dumped L4. He knows food. Even hard food. Has no trouble eating at all. I figure they probably gave the others away and couldn't find a home for him so he got to go for a ride. With having three of us look for any more and not finding any that's the best I can come up with. He isn't feral by a long shot.

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he was dumped L4. He knows food. Even hard food. Has no trouble eating at all. I figure they probably gave the others away and couldn't find a home for him so he got to go for a ride. With having three of us look for any more and not finding any that's the best I can come up with. He isn't feral by a long shot.
I think you are right 14+K. I think he is a dump. Well this dumping has actually proven to be the best for the little fellow. He is probably the safest one out of the bunch.

I am so grateful 14+ that you are there to help yet again. You are an unbelievable woman with a great man by your side.
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
~Cat Servent~

Oh those tough hubbys of ours eh?

14+... there are just no words to describe how caring and giving and wonderful you are... you're an angel to so many many critters...and I just love you for it mf!

Give your friend a great big hug from us too!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:51 PM
150% PRO S/N

Awww man, you guys make me cry!!!

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
And visa versa dear friend.
Old July 21st, 2010, 02:03 PM
-

Quote:
and we like that

Old July 21st, 2010, 02:09 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
And visa versa dear friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
and we like that

Ok - I gotta go do some work. Babies are all sound asleep so I can't play. Gardening, here I come.