Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! > Kitten health

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM

Question Thick clear substance

My son's cat who is turning 1 today, has apparently leaked a clear, odorless, thick substance from I'm assuming her anus. I found it in a few of the chairs she lays in. I have no idea what this could be. We are on a limited income so I can't go to the vet until I know it is necessary I was hoping someone here may have some idea what would cause something like this. She really has no other symptoms, she coughs but she is a long haired cat that I think gets hairballs. She did vomit last night but that happens with both of my cats every now and then so I thought nothing of it. My son is in love with this cat and if anything happened to her I don't know what we would do with him. He has gone all out for her birthday today. It's quite adorable, he loves her so much and tells us all the time. Sorry to not have more detail but right now this is all that has happened. I've done research online and so has my mom, she found a site that lead her to believe it was FIP. I did more research and it said clear mucus was NOT a sign of FIP. So I don't know what to do or think. I know there is a lot of knowledge here. It didn't look like mucus but that is what I am reading it is. It was just thick and clear. Thank you for any help you can offer.