Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Suggestions & Improvements > Bulletin board tips

Closed Thread

Old April 11th, 2006, 12:23 AM

cat pregnacy

how would you know if your cat is pregnant? cuz my dad is taking my cat 2 the vet & we don't want to get her fixed cuz we WANT the kittens for my little brother who is blind & she can only have 2-3 @ a time be cuz she is so little. isn't when they start to give milk after 3 weeks and start getting roundish around 4-5weeks? & don't they have there kittens around 9-10 weeks? the last post i had i basically got yelled at even though we want the kittens and i want to make sure she is preganate before i got my lil bro excited. so i would really like to know if those 2 symptoms are from pregnancy or just from hormones and just getting fat. but yes, we r taing her to the vet, & no i'm not going w/ my father cuz i'll be at school & he would not tell me right away till i get all my research done cuz i'm hoping to help out w/ the vet over the summer.
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Just because your cat is little doesn't mean she can only have a couple of kittens.

There are 95,000 cats looking for homes on Petfinder. Wouldn't your little brother be happy with one of them? I bet your local shelter has a dozen kittens that will be euthanized if they don't find homes. Couldn't your brother be happy with one of them?

I don't know about your vet, but every vet I have ever met is much more impressed by people who DON'T breed then people who do.

Please, do a little more research on the complications that can happen in small pregnant cats. We can't diagnose your cat over the internet, so you will have to wait and see what your vet has to say.
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:38 AM

thing is w/ my lil bro, every time we adopt a new cat somthing is always wrong w/ it. we already had like 5 die cuz of medical reasons & if seems like the cats we get from a neighor lasts longer cuz its uses to the area. if the cat has a bunch which i doubt cuz i think my friend who cats had our cats says she's only packin 4. there is also a old folks home 2 secs away that wouldn't mind a couple of kittens for the old ppl & my neighbors who have a barn wants a couple more kittens for the rats.
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Well, then I guess I will just defer to the infinite knowledge of your friend.
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:44 AM

huh?? so confused u have NOO idea???
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Having attended the births of MANY kittens who's mothers had been dumped at the local shelter, I am here to tell you that the size of the mom does not guarantee the litter will be small.

Maybe, instead of working for your local vet this summer, you could volunteer some time at your local shelter. Until you have held kitten after kitten after kitten and euthanized them, you can not understand the seriousness of the overpopulation of cats.
Old April 11th, 2006, 01:10 AM

Please see your vet about this issue.

Please read the articles posted in your previous thread: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25642

Thread closed.

Last edited by White Wolf; April 11th, 2006 at 01:21 AM.
Closed Thread