Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Suggestions & Improvements > Bulletin board tips

Old February 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM

Question Help Please? Easy Instructions Needed Re: How To Receive Answers Into My Email??

HELP PLEASE? EASY INSTRUCTIONS NEEDED RE: HOW TO RECEIVE ANSWERS INTO MY MY EMAIL??
I am a novice and selftaught at using a computer and I would appreciate any ver easy instructions (if possible) on how I can receive the answers to questions I post on this site, to be notified into my email (hotmail) address each time??
I am confused as to what to actually do, where do I tell the webmaster of this site that I would like to know when I get an answer to a question I have posted, instead of having to go to this site and logging in and then checking?
At the bottom I have sometimes clicked on the area that asks re thread subscription: instant email notification.........but do I need to locate this each time I post a question and click on it each time I post a question, or is there an easier way.......i.e. to ALWAYS receive instant email notification!!!!!! (it just does not seem to go into my email box, unless I need to find it and check it off, each time I post a question!!!!????) HELP!?? THANKS!
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:54 PM

You can "subscribe" to a thread through your user CP, but otherwise, I don't think you're allowed to post email addresses.
Old February 1st, 2007, 06:38 PM

Question re receiving my emails.........help?

Thank you for the reply......but I do not understand......I do not wish to have my email address shown. I want to receive answers to my questions sent directly to my email address by pets.ca??????Help???
Old February 1st, 2007, 06:48 PM

You can't get the answers forwarded, but by subscribing to a thread, you can be notified when there is action in that thread.
Old February 1st, 2007, 09:58 PM
Senior Contributor

This is a bulletin board and if you post questions here, the many people who read it will respond with a variety of responses. It does not operate like your email program on your computer (like Outlook if you use Windows for example or other programs on a Mac).

You can write to specific people on this site but you have to left clock their name and click 'Send Private Message". This is similar to but not an email per se and is private.

If you are seeking info on some issue, you will receive more replies if you post the question publicly.

I am still unsure if this is what you are seeking??????
Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Hi,

Quote:
Thank you for the reply......but I do not understand......I do not wish to have my email address shown. I want to receive answers to my questions sent directly to my email address by pets.ca??????Help???
Your email address is not shown and as per the Prin's info
Quote:
You can't get the answers forwarded, but by subscribing to a thread, you can be notified when there is action in that thread.
and the email I sent you, you can do exactly what you want.

It's just 3 easy steps

Step 1 - click user CP in the blue navigation bar on every single page in the bulletin board
step 2 - Click edit options
step 3 - On that page set Default Thread Subscription Mode to instant email notification

That's all there is to it.

Thanks

Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:58 AM

problems

even this message disappeared......u have alot of kinks to work out of your system.....so, i have to remember what i typed, again....why is it, that i have to log in, every time i type a sentence? is it because of new, or the usa? u have some great information on here----it took me 1/2 hr, just to try and fix a spelling error, which never worked, because it said i wasn't logged in...funny, then how did the first message get on there. i learned something from your site today, i thank you, but it's back to my aol boards. a, they should change it to usaol or aohell. and calm down--my gps were from new brunswick...
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:52 PM

When you log in, just make sure to click on "remember me". If you don't click on that, when you're idle for 15 minutes or longer, you get booted out.