Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old December 15th, 2004, 11:09 AM
banned user

Question cat question

ok this is problly a stupid question but my cat scooby sometimes gets attacked by my brothers cat,she really doesnt like him or my dog,and a couple of times he has split one of his nails down the middle and it bled,and one time he pulled out a nail.and when i would look at my brothers cat she would have it stuck in her neck or head.is it normal for a cat to be able to pull a nail ,it grew back fine and he was an angel about cleaning it,and he acted like it didnt hurt. the one time he split one down the middle he pulled half of it off.is this normal for him to do this or does he have weak nails or something??im sorry if this is a stupid question
Old December 15th, 2004, 09:50 PM

i wish i had some advice for u but i don't know enough about such things. just wanted to say it sounds awful. maybe u should speak with ur vet about it. i'm surprised kitty isn't in pain.
Old December 16th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Senior Contributor

my cat has done something similar, but the new nail was always in place when the old one came off. Maybe your cat is just doing this a few days prematurely. Is he/she good about grooming? My Sam is an utter piggy, so I had to watch him and clean the paws up sometimes--for fear of infection. But this was a one time thing...you say this happens all the time?