Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old February 5th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Garden nut

Now that we've become a society that's basically "Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone (Subdivisions by Rush)," we are too hasty to judge others.

Instead of working together, we fight. Instead of offering helpful suggestions, we criticize. But it's not our place to give unsolicited advice and frankly I wish people would stop doing that.

And it's just not right to spread rumors and talk negative about someone on the forum that has the ability to come and read what is said about him, as if he wasn't here. I find that extremely rude.

We do not know dhansen personally and therefore we should not judge until we've seen everything for ourselves instead of trusting mere words on an internet forum, or he said/she said scenarios, and treating them as fact.

Just look at what happened in Iraq as an example. People trusted in the he said/she said WMD B.S. and now millions of people are dead as a result. Now try to tell me that gossip is a good thing.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM

Well LCOL

I just want to clear something up. I am not a "so called rescue" I take dogs in every day and spay/neuter everything I make sure their shots are up to date. I do homechecks and applications and contracts. Tuuka was most definately not abused or neglected. I have a chocolate lab here that has spent the last yr and half outside and you can tell. He has frost bites on his ears he has sores on his legs. I have as you can see took pics of tuuka when he was here. There was NO frost bites on his ears and he was quite healthy when i saw him. The "rescue" up there is being investigated for alot of things Unfornately i am unable to discuss the details as its apolice investigation and i will be giving a full cooperation. Also If People knew all this and had pics and various other things WHY didnt You first go to the OHS You Made NO attempts to contact them as we've been in contact with them as they are investigating other dogs that this rescue may have stolen.

I am glad that Dhansen has his dog back He obviously loves his dog and that was more then obvious when we reunited the dog. Its a shame that some people feel its ok to steal the dog as it was not right.
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Senior Contributor

[QUOTE][Just look at what happened in Iraq as an example. People trusted in the he said/she said WMD B.S. and now millions of people are dead as a result. Now try to tell me that gossip is a good thing. /QUOTE]

This is a completely ridiculous analogy. The Iraq invasion was concocted by the Bush administration even before he stole his second mandate. It had nothing to do with WMDs. Who could forget Colon Powell and the lies he was forced to deliver to the UN assembly. You call that gossip?

And who's calling in the marines here, anyway. dhansen has clearly followed this thread and is not arming up either. He sounds like a good bloke in fact, whatever one might think about how he treats his dog. Now if only the zealots who snatched Tuuka would put their energy into busting puppy mills, they are welcome in Quebec anytime.
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
-

Good post Badger.
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Stolen dog Ottawa

Although I don't agree with dogs being left outside all the time I do realize that this is my personnel opinion and feelings. And I do know that alot of hunting dogs are left outside but are usually treated better that some house dogs I have seen. I would like to know why Mr Hansens neighbours didn't call the Humane society or bylaw if they we're so concerned over this so called abused dog? If this is truly a case of abuse it will come out in the police investigation and unless this so called rescue new magic I have no idea how this abused dog miraculously recovered in a week. We all know that we do not treat our dogs the same and maybe we should think before we pass judgement on others for their treatment of their animals.
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Owned by goldens

[QUOTE=BLB;542619]Although I don't agree with dogs being left outside all the time I do realize that this is my personnel opinion and feelings. And I do know that alot of hunting dogs are left outside but are usually treated better that some house dogs I have seen. I would like to know why Mr Hansens neighbours didn't call the Humane society or bylaw if they we're so concerned over this so called abused dog? If this is truly a case of abuse it will come out in the police investigation and unless this so called rescue new magic I have no idea how this abused dog miraculously recovered in a week. We all know that we do not treat our dogs the same and maybe we should think before we pass judgement on others for their treatment of their animals.[/QUOTE

My comments exactly.
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Stolen golden

The SPCA won't charge an owner with neglect as long as there is a shelter, food and water. They aren't concerned with the animal's loneliness or boredom or lack of socialization but would be interested in it only having access to water twice a day and would very likely insist on a routine clean-up of stool. Nor would they look into quality of food so if an animal was being fed the cheapest dry kibble they would not be very concerned.
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:21 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.pettet View Post
The SPCA won't charge an owner with neglect as long as there is a shelter, food and water. They aren't concerned with the animal's loneliness or boredom or lack of socialization but would be interested in it only having access to water twice a day and would very likely insist on a routine clean-up of stool. Nor would they look into quality of food so if an animal was being fed the cheapest dry kibble they would not be very concerned.
It is not really a matter if the SPCA are concerned or not, they have certain protocol they have to follow which is mandated by law. One of which is, that the dog have potable water available at all times, were it to be taken to court in winter, very likely a judge would rule that snow is an available source of water. In non-winter months that would not be the case. Most hunting dogs that I have seen have not been in great body shape, most are kept lean to not take away from their prey drive. Since this is receiving publicity, I would not doubt if they (SPCA) investigate. He is too pretty to be neglected IMO.
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh how easy it is to judge. Some people feel that all dogs should be inside and some breeds should be, they don't tolerate the cold.

However, there are some breeds that can tolerate much colder temperatures and develop such thick coats that the cold doesn't affect them. I know of a person who has 7 dogs and they are kept outside most of the time and are very happy, healthy dogs. These people absolutely LOVE their dogs. They have shelter if they choose to get out of the weather.

I know another person who gave up her two huskeys because they did not want to come inside in the winter. She could not stand watching them pant at the back door wanting to go back out in the cold but did not have the heart to allow them outside.

So these are two different families I know that have two different views and both love their dogs.

What I don't agree with is keeping a dog outside with no human interaction, that is cruel to do to a dog.

We don't know the owner of Tuuka and we don't know how she was treated so we shouldn't assume.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
This is a completely ridiculous analogy. The Iraq invasion was concocted by the Bush administration even before he stole his second mandate. It had nothing to do with WMDs. Who could forget Colon Powell and the lies he was forced to deliver to the UN assembly. You call that gossip?
*Bzzzzz* Wrong answer!

Ya can't rely on "news" from CNN, CBS, CNBC, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, NBC or any other alphabet soup news station whatsoever. I suppose you believe all the cut internet seabed cables in the mid east is just a boating accident.

Every single person you see on TV in the field of politics is put there and chosen for their position. They are not elected, they are selected. They are puppets. Bush's dogs don't even like him and run away when he tries to pet them. I trust the dogs.

Anyway sorry I shouldn't argue, it's a waste of my time and no one will do the reading and asking questions themselves and just end up believing what they are told and tell their neighbors and friends the same junk they hear on TV. If that isn't gossip, I don't know what is.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper

Last edited by CearaQC; February 6th, 2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Senior Contributor

CearaQC, I think we actually agree. I don't have cable so watch none of those stations. Five minutes of Oprah bring on waves of nausea. Notwithstanding the Bush administration's evil ways, I do not think everyone we elect is a puppet but that the best intentions are often swamped by special interests. Worked in Ottawa for ten years, saw it with my own eyes.

My quarrel is with the analogy. Gossip didn't get Bush his second term and his wretched war, 'his' Supreme Court did.

I don't know where the cut undersea cable comes into the mix. A boating accident? I doubt it. That being said, terrorism has been a gift to right-wing and authoritarian governments, obsessed with by-passing genuine democratic dissent. We are not fooled.
Old February 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
*Bzzzzz* Wrong answer!
no one will do the reading and asking questions themselves and just end up believing what they are told and tell their neighbors and friends the same junk they hear on TV. If that isn't gossip, I don't know what is.
Ha ha, that's a good one!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey