Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old March 29th, 2006, 02:22 AM

Hey I'm trying to find alternatives

Since my original post got locked down because of the invective about maybe having to have our cat put down, I should say we are trying to find alternatives. We have been to the vet, there is nothing physically wrong, the peeing is behavioural, due to the cat being confined to the house. He whines to go out for hours a day, but we cannot let him out anymore due to strata warnings. He was used to being allowed to wander. You have to realize that we are having to deal with urine soaked carpet daily. If sticking his nose in solves the problem, then that is better than having him put down. This cat is the size of a small dog & it is no small amount. It is a sanitation issue. As much as we like the cat, no-one can live like that. I will check out shelters & someone on another forum suggested an animal prozac which we will try first.

Last edited by beddows; March 29th, 2006 at 02:25 AM.
Old March 29th, 2006, 02:30 AM

While I understand you're looking for alternatives, it is against forum rules to readdress an issue from a closed thread.

Check with local rescues and talk to your vet. You should be able to either help your cat or rehome him without taking drastic measures.
Closed Thread