Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old December 12th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Senior Contributor

2 declawed cats/MTL/URGENT

These two girls are declawed sisters who have been together their whole lives. Their owner has a new girlfriend who is upset that their white fur shows up on the furniture and has ordered them gone.

Of course, the guy who owns them just LOOOOOVES them so much he doesn't really want to kill them, but well, he will if they aren't adopted.

Gee, wonder if this guy would scrape up some guts if the g/f told him to get rid of his computer, golf clubs or something else he really cares about?
Attached Images

Old December 12th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Senior Contributor

They are 4 years old.
Attached Images

Old December 12th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm speechless...actually, Lucky, I was thinking another part of his anatomy must be missing, gnawed off by the new GF no doubt.
Is he at least willing to hang on to them until they are placed?
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:38 PM

I think we'd unanimously agree that were it any of us, the new girly would have to go....
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:56 PM
boubou

Oh, he should definitely get rid of the girl!! If anybody ever gave me an ultimatum(sp?) like that, he'd be gone so fast - and yes, even if it were Brad Pitt!!!

I don't know if he is willing to try this, but having them shaved (lion clip) really reduces the fur loss. They won't see any fur for atleast 3 months after....just a suggestion....
Old December 12th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Senior Contributor

He's in a hurry. He says its getting more "urgent" as time goes by as the cats (being mostly white) shed quite a bit even if they are brushed often. Yep, they definitely deserve to die!

Quote:
I don't know if he is willing to try this, but having them shaved (lion clip) really reduces the fur loss
Nope. He just wants to get rid of them, as the g/f doesn't like cats in general.

If anyone knows of any solution or anyone wants these two sweeties, please pm me for the contact info.
Old March 27th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Cptiera,

Did you get any other phone calls for the cats? If you got phone calls for people only wanting 1 cat, maybe it could be a good lead for Catsnatcher and her 5 cats?
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico I respect your point of view...I am devoted to the cats in any province that I am currently in...they all need saving.

Poodletalk...feel free to PM catsnatcher. She knows that as soon as I find a good home I can take her's in....if you think you might be able to help her please please please help.
Old March 28th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Senior Contributor

I am helping Catsnatcher find a home for her five cats. I placed an add last summer in the Gazette for a cat I rescued, my phone rang off the hook.

Some of the people weren't a fit for the cat I rescued but they were a good fits for other cats or kittens. I held onto their name and number and I placed other cats with them when I got them. I tried to work all the leads I got for the gazette since it was so expensive to place an announcement.

Actually, I placed one Catsnatchers kittens she rescued with one of the leads I worked. I also placed a Senior Cat with a Senior lady from the SPCA Monteregie for the advertisment in the gazette.

I was wondering if you got phone calls, but weren't the right fits for the two cats, but could have been fits for other cats. If so, maybe Catsnatcher can call them up and talk about Charlie or the other cats. She always has plenty of animals to help out, I am wondering about the other phone calls.

Last edited by poodletalk; March 28th, 2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old March 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Poodletalk, the calls that CASCA got were all regarding 2 cats, because that's what was in the newspaper. When people called they new that we were not going to seperate them...I too am trying to help with catsnatchers cats. I know a few cat lovers who've I just met that would like to help. I'll let catsnatcher know of any updates. Thanks again