Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:24 AM

Our poor kiity!

our younger one got closed in a room last night by accident. it's at the other end of the house so no one could hear him if he was trying to get out. he was in there all night with no food, water or litter. when we got up this morning, he wasn't at our bedroom door like usual and even after i put fresh food out, he didn't appear so we were concerned. after a short search, we found him in the closed room. without much choice, he went #2 up there. he seemed a little out of sorts when i picked him up. i had time to give him some needed attention before i had to leave for work. i carried him to where the food and litter is but he just went to his pet bed. i hope all is ok. he's pretty resilient so i don't think there will be any problems.
Attached Images

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh no, poor kitty. I am sure he will have a very quick recovery with those extra cuddles today

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 22nd, 2010, 01:41 PM

Aww! Im sure he will be just fine once he gets some food and rest. Love the pic, such a cutie!
Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM

Awww poor little guy..I'm sure he'll be fine after some love and food. He was probably upset about having to go to the bathroom in there too!!

Our Roxie got locked in a room one night last year. I woke up during the night and could hear our other cat Kasey meowing and meowing in the hallway. It was so unlike him to meow during the night I got up and he was literally prancing in the hallway. I didn't think much of it, just figured he wanted some attention, went to the bathroom and back to bed. He didn't stop and I got up again and he ran to the door that was closed and I finally heard the faintest little meow on the other side of the door, opened it and Roxie came firing out of the room

She had only been in there for about 3 hours but now we do a head count before bed.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Kitty will be fine. But I bet he won't want to go near that room for a while without making sure the door is open.
It may be a good idea to clean the spot where he defecated by using a mixture of 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 cup water, spraying the spot, blotting well, then spraying again and letting it dry. You may have to repeat. You may not be able to smell where he went but he and your other kitty(ies) will and may be tempted to use that spot again.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:53 PM

After closing our guy in the linen closet once for about 20 minutes, we have started doing a headcount before sleep to make sure all are accoutned for. They usually all come up to bed with us so its fairly easy.

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww poor thing! I'm sure he will be fine! We had that happen about a month ago. Serena got locked in the closet in my bedroom for about 13 hours. I felt horrible because i'm the one that shut the door! Our closet door now stays open as she has been sleeping in there all the time now. I know i felt like a bad kitty mom for days after! she on the other hand was fine.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:05 AM

My cats would have destroyed the rug next to the door trying to get out. They do that trying to get in a room that has a closed door. Your lucky.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM

he's still not eating or drinking much although he seems a bit better. i decided a vet appointment is in order just to be safe, especially since we're going away for a couple of days for thanksgiving though our cats won't be alone as my stepdaughter and her boyfriend are there.