Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:04 PM

Please help my Chihuahua Chewbacca..

Hi all,
I am new, so I hope I'm doing this right. I know there are a lot of scams out there, but I assure you that this is real. You can even call the vets to verify if you like. My little Chewbacca had IMHA a few years ago. The vets tried reducing his prednisone several times but he kept relapsing. He has finally been taken off the pred for about 2-3 weeks this time and is still doing good... on that aspect. However, he has recently been daignosed with diabetes, which we are having a hard time regulating him. He keeps having ketones in the urine one day, then none the next, then back again. His glucose is all over the charts. Clinically he acts fine, but does have a little hind end weakness. He's a very picky eater, so getting him to eat on a schedule is next to impossible. The vet wants to test him for cushings also (I hope its not that) as he shows most of the symptoms and his diabetes is so difficult. To make a long story short, his vet bills are huge, but I am not giving up. I am so far in debt, and I know I may be crazy, but until I max out my credit, I can't give up on him. He is such a sweet, happy little boy! A friend helped me make a website for him kind of like that "SaveKaryn" site from a few years ago. It helped her, so I figured "why not?" I am desperate to keep my baby. Please visit his site at http://www.savechewbacca.org to see photos and help if you can. Also, if you could pass this site on and help me spread the word it would really be appreciated. I also welcome any suggestions on diet, keeping the ketones lower.. or gone, getting his site out to people, etc. Thank you for any help or advice. Carrie

PLEASE VISIT http://www.savechewbacca.org
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Senior Contributor

To get help with the cost of vet care, please go to IMOM for assistance. They do a wonderful job!
Old December 7th, 2004, 03:25 PM

Thanks.. Imom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
To get help with the cost of vet care, please go to IMOM for assistance. They do a wonderful job!
Hello,
I checked out IMOM, and it is great. However unfortunately Chewbacca didn't qualify as his bills have already been paid to the vet with credit, and IMOM only pays the vets themselves. If I had only known about that before... Thanks for the suggestion though.