Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Found Cat - Scarborough, ON (Pharmacy/McNicoll area)

Cat found last night (Oct 28) in our back yard. (Location = Ecclesfield Drive in Scarborough, ON) Looks like a young guy, probably a year or less. Sort of grey and black, with raccoon type markings, white under face, and white paws. Checked with vet, and he is not microchipped, nor did he have a collar or other tags. Very friendly. It is male, and has been fixed, and is not de-clawed. From the clean claws, I am guessing this was an indoor cat that may have 'escaped' to the outside world.

Call Paul @ 416-499-7500
Attached Images

Old October 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Senior Contributor

What a sweet little tabby boy,he looks really young,hopefully you'll find his owner.
What will you do if you don't? Can you keep him?
I know the THS is brimming with cats and Animal Control will put him down:sad:
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM

I have tried everything I know to find the owner.. the cat is not microchipped and had no collar. I created postcard sized flyers with photo and distribulted to all homes (about 120) in my area.. no reply. Why don't pet owner microchip their pets!?! Would make it so much easier to find them.

The cat (Kitten?) is very friendly, purrs a lot, loves to be with people - obviously well cared for. Unfortunately, we cannot keep him, as we already have two cats, neither of which gets along with him.

If I do not hear from anyone by tomorrow, he is going to the animal shelter on Progress Ave - unfortunately. .assuming he is still around here. Just put him out for some fresh air.
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM
-

Instead of taking the cat to Toronto Animal Services, would you consider calling the Toronto Humane Society and see if they will take him, or a cat rescue in your area.

Toronto Cat Rescue could steer you in the right direction.

http://www.torontocatrescue.ca/store/index.asp
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:40 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

My heart skipped a beat when I opened this thread! The kitten looks identical to Snoopy!! Same age too! OMG!!
Why did you let him out for some fresh air? I'm confused. Let's hope he either comes back to your place or finds his home. People don't get their cats microchipped because they a: don't think the cats will get outside, b: can't afford it, c: don't care.
I would not expect your cats to get along with him on that short of notice. They need a proper introduction in order to get along.
Great site......... http://www.squidoo.com/multi-cat-management

Chris had a gread idea. Please contact TCR and see if they can help. Maybe a foster home has room for one more tiny baby.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM

Now at Animal Shelter

After hearing nothing from anyone for several days, we dropped the cat off at the Progress Ave Animal Shelter Sautuday morning. They are one of the better shelters in the city, and I know he will be well cared for until his owner(s) reclaim him, or until he is adopted - which I doubt will be a problem as he is one of the more friendly cats we have come across. Must have been very well loved by his owner(s).