Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Willing cat servant

Losing beloved kittens 1 by 1

Yesterday morning my sister went to pick up some kittens. Someone called for help and they contacted her because they know that she (just like me) would help. Someone found 4 kittens in a dumpster and the person has a job and also studies so it wasn't possible for her to give them the full time attention they need.
So she went to pick them up (my sister's at the moment living with my parents) they could tell they were about 2 days old at the most, still with umbilical cords.
It was raining when they were found so they were all wet and cold. When my sister pick them up since the first moment she was alarmed because they were cold.
I'm going to try to make this short. My mom, my sister, even my dad have done SO much for them. My sister contacted me because I've cared and nursed for new born kittens before. I spent the whole night up until the morning via Skype with her and the kittens. I've cried my eyes out and have a most horrible headache.
All you could possibly find in a guide for kitten nursing and care has been done and more. 2 of them grew weaker faster (they were 4).
Apollo (a ginger tabby) was the one to go first. My mom stayed up warming him up, even singing to him.
Nina (the calico) stayed all night with us and her little body gave up today late morning.
Like an hour ago we lost Pichi (a little cow kitten).
We only have Junior left (a gray/brown tabby). They all fought so hard to stay. Nina died in my sisters arms, after looking after her all night, keeping her hydrated and warm.
God I'm so sad. We suspect some respiratory distress and dehydration. Since yesterday they called their vet for more guidance.
And all because some @ssh#le dumped those precious babies in the dumpster.
Junior's a great fighter he's hanging in there but he seems to be deteriorating.
My sister blames herself she thinks she caused it but I keep telling her she really gave them her best. I think it was the conditions in which they were disposed of so soon too, practically after birth from their mother.

We decided to give them names as soon as possible when we noticed how they were fading as a way to tell ourselves that their pass through this world although so brief meant something.
Well I just needed to vent a bit. Even when I'm not physically there I've witnessed it all and it has touched me deeply.
If you can help me pray for Junior in your own way, or sending him good thoughts, whatever you prefer. I hope at least one can be saved

Last edited by Koteburo; August 28th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.