Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old July 5th, 2014, 05:16 AM

Unhappy My cat is acing very strange.

Ok so before I start, If this is posted in the wrong place I really do apoligize I am new to the forums so sorry. Anyway as the title suggests my cat is acting very strange. His name is Morgan, Not quite sure what breed he is because I found him (he was dumped in a bush as a kitten with his sister at a very young age). He usually is up running around being an energetic cat, yesterday morning at 4 Am I awoke to a massive cat fight on my back porch/ veranda I went out and Morgan ran up the stairs panting and limped into his bed. There was feces all up his tail (I spoil him and keep him and my other cat inside with a cat flap to leave and come in as they please) So he doesn't know how to defend him self really. (I dont know if thats cruel, I get really attached to my animals ) Anyway I sat with him for a while and pet him until he fell asleep. I didn't take him inside due to the feces. So this morning I went out to check on him, He was still in the same position as I left him last night. (still alive) I pet him again bought him over some food and water because he refused to get out of his bed. He ate and drank normally. I then decided to check to see if anything was wrong with his legs because he wouldn't get out of his bed. He is a very fluffy cat so all his fur was matted due to the fight. his front legs were fine but when I even tried to get near his back legs he turned around and nipped me. i hadn't touched his legs at this time. So I am really worried. I calmed him down again and left him alone for about approximatly 3 hours. I heated him up some milk and warm chicken not hot warm. took it out to him and watched him eat and drink. Still refusing to move from his bed. I then tried to check his Back not his legs this time. Still the same reaction as before he nipped me. Then I calmed him and tried to go back inside. He meowed as if he was in pain this time. I feel so sorry for him. I cant take him to the vet because the nearest vet in 1 1/2 hours out of my town and it is Saturday and the vet isn't open on Weekends. I was just wondering if anyone knew what I could do to make him feel a little bit better, what to feed him? What I can do in the mean time until Monday? I am really worried and really dont want to lose him. Extra Details Morgan is 1 year old. When the fight occurred he had blood running from his nose and a nasty gash on his fore head ( I cleaned it up). I am probably over reacting but I really dont want to take any risks. He is my first cat (Lohla is my second) (I treat both of them equally) ~Gangsta Puppiez
Old July 5th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Well it sounds like he is injured enough to be really hurting so he does need to see a Vet. Can you try again to examine himÉ Can you take his temperatureÉ

Sorry for the capital Es, my keyboard went screwy.
Old July 5th, 2014, 07:28 AM

I just took his temperature it was 102.5 Degrees (Average) He didn't like it much.
Old July 5th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Senior Contributor

What did your cat have a fight with ? You may need to bring him to vet to get a rabies shot if a wild animal bit him .
Old July 6th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Hi G-P - Sorry you are going through this but I'm afraid it's impossible to guess what is wrong with your cat based on what you have written. The cat needs a veterinary exam ASAP for sure. The cat does sound injured but the extent (and hopefully not that bad) can only be determined with an exam from a vet.

Temperature of 102.5 is in the normal range.

In terms of keeping kitty comfortable...to me it sounds like you are doing a good job already.
If this were my cat and there was some emergency clinic open, I'd go this weekend but I live in a big city and it sounds like you live far from a major city.
Good luck till the vet opens.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old July 7th, 2014, 03:35 AM

We took him to the vet today. She said that he is very confused and scared, She said that he has a small chip in his back left leg.
Old July 7th, 2014, 03:36 AM

He had a fight with another cat, could of been a stray.
Old July 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Puppiez View Post
He had a fight with another cat, could of been a stray.
Maybe you should not let your cat out anymore , stray cats can be very aggressive . I hope your kitty will be feeling better soon.

Tags
urgent scared injured