Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 18th, 2013, 03:03 PM

Dog Bite Mark Forensics/Anaylsis ???

Hi Im looking for a place that does dog bite forensics/anylsis.

Long Story short ... My dog was accused of biting another dog (in a 3 way disagreement with his 2 dogs and my one dog - who was on a leash), and the other owner sent me pictures of his dogs supposed wounds, and looking for compensation.

Im looking for a place that will take a look at the photos and determine if
a) first those wounds in the pictures are from a dog bite
b) if they are dog bites if they are from my dog and not his other dog

Any help would be appreciated. I am in Toronto but can scan/email the photos etc.

Willing to pay for the service, just doesnt seem to be many places that do that.
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Could you made dental impression of your dog by making some homemade play dough and see if that work? Where there any other people around that could be your witness?

http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...5929099541.txt

A dentist made a dental impression for a dog that was said to had mauled a person
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM

Two other dog owners who witnessed it (no they are not related to me) and have already given me a statement saying that my dog did not bite the other dog. The other owner and the City of Toronto Animal Services dont seem to care about witnesses (guess thats another story)?

The city threw a muzzle order on my dog and other owner threatened civil action.

Play-doh maybe a good idea...

Thanks for the reply.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
Could you made an impression of your dog bite by making some homemade play dough and see if that work? Where there any other people around that could be your witness?
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Senior Contributor

How about the piece of meat or leather , maybe you get some meat and have your dog bite into it. I guess you would have to let your have a small piece of the meat.
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Where did this happen? The only way I can see to blame the leashed dog is if this happened in an off leash dog park. It's foolish to have one dog leashed when all the others are off. Leashes corrupt body language, how it's displayed and how it's read.

What are the breeds involved? Fair or not, some breeds in Toronto are required to wear muzzles.

Can your Vet not help you? Sadly, I think Toronto Animal Services might be the people most likely to have knowledge of the expertise you require. But maybe your Vet would have some ideas. If it was me I'd be checking out the U. of Guelph website to see if there is some kind of veterinary help that might be available there too.
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
Where did this happen? The only way I can see to blame the leashed dog is if this happened in an off leash dog park. It's foolish to have one dog leashed when all the others are off. Leashes corrupt body language, how it's displayed and how it's read.

What are the breeds involved? Fair or not, some breeds in Toronto are required to wear muzzles.

Can your Vet not help you? Sadly, I think Toronto Animal Services might be the people most likely to have knowledge of the expertise you require. But maybe your Vet would have some ideas. If it was me I'd be checking out the U. of Guelph website to see if there is some kind of veterinary help that might be available there too.
The OP does not say where this happen. I agree that is not good to have a dog on leash with lose dogs around. I have not gone back to the woods that has off leash hours and on leash hours as some people are not following the law and let their dog(s) run lose during on leash hours which is when I want to bring Marty on his leash. Marty it at a great disavantage being a small dog on a leash.