Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Future Insane Pet-Lady

Hallo? What be this? A new member? Ahoy!

Hello I'm new here. I started off making a thread here actually and got a question answered and only then noticed this bit...Yeah I'm smart, aren't I?

So, my pet-related history! We've had fish since I was a baby. Well, we had to get rid of the tank when I was nine because we moved, but I intend to get fish again. Mom brought home a little kitten for me when I was one. When she asked what I wanted to name it, I made a little "Pah pah" noise with my lips - that was how I said "fish" (I was imitating the way their lips moved), so we called him Fisher. Unfortunately he ran away when I was five as a result of the people renting out our basement getting a dog. When I was seven we got another cat, Scratches, and then yet another, Chico. They got along until we moved when I was nine, and then Chico became the dominant cat and ran Scratches out of the house. We still have Chico.

When I was nine, I got a milk snake for my birthday. Being an incredibly creative nine-year-old, I named him "Birthday". Birthday had a happy life, but died prematurely when I was fifteen. He probably got sick or so, but veterinary medicine doesn't extend to snakes very well... My brother has a bearded dragon named Spike. Spike is nearing the end of his life.

Recently I began wanting a pet again, so I bought myself two ferrets: Draco and Bellatrix. Yes, those names were inspired by Harry Potter (Draco is white, so I thought, Why not?). As some people on this forum already know, I'm also looking into pet rats (who will be kept in a separate cage and not allowed to come into contact with the ferrets, don't worry! ). I want a bunch of other pets as well...but I'll probably stagger them out over a few years.

As a final note, I just want to say that you guys rock! You're helpful and polite. I won't go into more detail, but to sum it all up: Thanks! *hugs*
Old April 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM

Welcome! Pictures are a must ! :P
Old April 9th, 2011, 12:00 AM
-

Welcome to Pets Dracen !
Old April 9th, 2011, 07:25 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, Dracen. We really would enjoy seeing some pics if you have some to share?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 10th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Future Insane Pet-Lady

I've got three up so far. Should put up more XD I don't have many pictures yet...need to get some more!