Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old May 27th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Gee.......I missed you guys

Hi everyone, I have returned like a long lost puppy, and I am happy to be home......lol
I have been in computer hell for the last while, My computer went on the fritz and when I got it fixed I decided to go highspeed now that it is offered in my area but the darn phone lines in my home are so antique that I can't even get highspeed yet.....lol Oh well seems this old house wants to be back to basics anyhow and run the old way so be it dial up it is!!!!

I hope everyone and they're babies are doing fine, my bunch here are doing great, a few glitches here and there .

Buddy is a spazz a very high energy dog, when I can't keep my eye on him I have to tie him up at his dog house, he has a new coller he broke the last one, and also a new chain, I made the mistake of putting him on a very long nylon lead that was attached at the house little bugger chewed it off at the coller scared the piss out of me ..........no he didnt run away he came straight to see what I was doing ever have that feeling of being watched? well I was in the coop laying down fresh straw for the gooslings and they were all flustered as usual when you get in thier space when that feeling came I turn around and there is Buddy looking at the gooslings ......sizing them up for a game of chase (his favorite game I might add).
Well he has a real chain now.
Now off to do the mornin chores....lol Take care
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

OMG Iggy funny but not!

Nice to have you back!!
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

HI there!
Isn't it amazing how much you can get done when you have no computer?
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Senior Contributor

That's true Lucky,I sit down after dinner to check what's going on,read e-mails etc...whooops 2 hours are gone,it's amazing how fast time goes,when you're on the PC
Welcome back Iggy!!!!
Old May 27th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

I can relate...sometimes I love it when power goes out....I get so much more accomplished..(out of boredom), only this time of year is deadly with 95 to 97 degrees, which was the temp today...

Sorry for the thread jacking..Iggy, Welcome back!
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:29 AM

Igette you remeber i said that buddy looks a bit like tazz well here is a bit of a better picture - you cant see the white on his chest which is identical!

what do you think??
Attached Images

Old May 28th, 2004, 07:30 AM

sorry its not very clear =- tazz is on the right i forgot to say...
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the welcome back, things sure have changed since I was here last. I came back to look at my message and it was moved .....lol Guess I'll learn.

Kasher and Tazz........Yup sure does have the same look in the face. Very similar but hard to tell unless looking straight on.

Oh ya ......forgot to tell you guys......took Buddy to the vets for a general how ya doin visit ....his first one (wanted to get a proper weight on him) The vet informed me that he had a click in his hips, so its glucoseamine for life anyone know a cheaper place than the vets to get these pills? They sure are expensive. Someone told me they use the pharmacy version for humans but I don't trust the idea worried he wont get the right amount, and I'm sure they don't taste as good as the doggy flavoured ones , any suggestions?
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggette
Thanks for the welcome back, things sure have changed since I was here last. I came back to look at my message and it was moved .....lol Guess I'll learn.

Kasher and Tazz........Yup sure does have the same look in the face. Very similar but hard to tell unless looking straight on.

Oh ya ......forgot to tell you guys......took Buddy to the vets for a general how ya doin visit ....his first one (wanted to get a proper weight on him) The vet informed me that he had a click in his hips, so its glucoseamine for life anyone know a cheaper place than the vets to get these pills? They sure are expensive. Someone told me they use the pharmacy version for humans but I don't trust the idea worried he wont get the right amount, and I'm sure they don't taste as good as the doggy flavoured ones , any suggestions?

I am so sorry to hear about Buddy, but there is hope...you may remember Ciara has severe problems, glucosamines have brought her from deaths door last year and is keeping her with me, happy and pain free. (Metacam too!)
Feb. of last year I was buying time to say my good byes to her...and got agressive with Adequan and glucosamines. Adequan is liquid gold to me...please ask your vet about it. It is made by Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and is injectable. The company has a web site which I posted before, I'm sorry I do not have the addy handy right now but do a Google search and you will find it.
Adequan has been around for a very long time in the Equine/race horse industry, (we still used it on dogs) It was approved 10 years ago for canines.
Please check it out...at least read upon it.
Other products, Synovi MSM, Glucosamine, Perna Canaliculus & Vitamin C Granules. (beef flavored) by DVM Products. 500mg Glucosamine per dose, 800mg's of MSM. Very good and tasty supplement. Ciara gets this daily also.

Did I mention Ciara is running me ragged? Chasing squirrels and leafs now too!

She's killing me with her energy...she rip's & snort's like a 6 month old puppy.

I am getting to know her all over again and I'm not complaining. I will do anything to keep this going.
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Karin I am glad Ciara is feeling better and Iggy,sorry about Buddy,will he be ok with the meds?
I don't think I ever read what kind of dog Ciara is,or how old..did you ever post a picture.
I hope your lottery-win was a BIG one,all those meds must cost a fortune,but I am certain Ciara is worth every penny.
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:03 PM

Ciara is a 5 year old Rotti.
Old May 29th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank's Karin,Rottis are wonderful dogs and 5yrs old is about middle-age for a Rotti,right!I am sorry she has so many problems,but on the other hand,she's with the best person she could be.
My neighbor across the street has a big beautiful Rotti,his name is Boss about 6yrs old.He somehow got out a couple of weeks ago,the whole neighbor-hood was scared.I was very proud finding him and alerting the owner.Boss is a big suck,but nobody knows that,soo everyone is scared of him,which might be a good thing!!!
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:45 PM

Ciara is the uber goober...she loves kittens, puppies, bunny's and baby goats. Giver her stuffed animal that talk's and she'll lick it's butt for two weeks and whine.

She can be very impressive if I feel threatened in any way.

I understand some peoples fears of Rotti's, the media does a great job cramming all the "bad" dog stories down their throats, day after day, after day....(for all breeds, not just Rotti's) This is a pet peeve of mine.

Because of this understanding and her health issues I limit exposure out in public. When it is off season & the tourist have all gone home she visits everyone on a regular basis.
Our RV resort is full this weekend for the long holiday weekend. This morning I had to tell one of the campers about putting leashes on his three dogs, we enforce the leash law here. All I got was a blank stare...then one of his wandering Golden Retreivers jumped on a Schnauzer puppy being walked by a ten year little girl...while standing right there. All the owner did was call the dog,( which politely ran the other way) I picked the girl up off of the asphalt and grabbed her puppy's leash. Poor thing has a few rips in it's side and of course is quite skaken up as is the girl. She has scrapes only from hitting the road so hard when knocked down.
I gave the parents the dog owners info from my work computer. They are still not back from the vets yet. I'm worried a bit...
As for the dog owner, dogs were out running when I came home a little while ago, hes not in sight. My boss has called animal control.
We are under a "burn ban", me thinks there will be fireworks shortly...hee hee *snort*
Old May 29th, 2004, 06:36 PM

Karin, glad to see another Rottie owner and lover on this board!!
But I have a question for you, Does Ciara follow you from room to room without question? Abbey is worse than my kids for example when I go to the bathroom ( sorry ) she has to come with me or else she whines and whines. I'm hoping she'll relax about it as she gets older. But I feel sorry for her sometimes because as soon as I get up she's right behind me unless the kids are entertainig her. Is this normal for Ciara as well?
Old May 29th, 2004, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chany
Karin, glad to see another Rottie owner and lover on this board!!
But I have a question for you, Does Ciara follow you from room to room without question? Abbey is worse than my kids for example when I go to the bathroom ( sorry ) she has to come with me or else she whines and whines. I'm hoping she'll relax about it as she gets older. But I feel sorry for her sometimes because as soon as I get up she's right behind me unless the kids are entertainig her. Is this normal for Ciara as well?
Ciara did follow me around at first, during puppyhood. We do live in a RV, a large one...I prefer to call it the dog house since this was her first home and she has all rights. I am looking to up grade once again, hopefully within the next two months. My shopping is designed around her needs.

Ciara and I have spent only one night apart in all of her life. She will greet other people she has not seen in a while with vigor....she will smile a full grin for a select few...sometimes I feel like Alpo. I know she loves me, she is just to use to me..and she is a couch potato like most Rotti's.
Rotti's MUST sit on your feet, this is a greeting, accept this. Rotti's are also clumsey. All of 'em are goobering couch potatos that do not know where to step so it's better to sit on your feet kinda dogs. Oh, and scratch my butt while you're at it too..
She likes to sleep in...I have to go to work this time of year at 8 am. This she does not like at all..I get alot of grief from her if I disturb her slumber before 8....geesh!

Now she wants to play and I am yawning...I need to play for little while.
Old May 30th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Senior Contributor

I have the same problem with my Rocky(tabby-cat),not really a problem but he follows me wherever I go,even the bathroom,he sits there and just looks at me.If I am cooking he'll lay on the kitchen chair,watching me or sleeping.When I watch TV he's right beside me and he sleeps leaning on my leg in bed. It's kind of comforting to me to always have him there,he's like a furball Prozac
Old May 30th, 2004, 03:51 PM

Does anybody know I can my pets photos. I am a newbie to the web site. Thank you.
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Karin I will look it up.....Dr. said I might be able to avoid the operation by agressive glucosimine but we will see he also said don't let him run at high speed or play tug of war bad on the hips......lmao
Telling Buddy not to run fast is like telling a child with an ice cream not to lick it.....lmao Damn he is fast and there is no stopping him.
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:57 PM

Yup, I can empathize. Bob follows me around everywhere in the house. He is getting better about it and I can now go to a friends place and go outside for a smoke and he won't panic and try and find me.

When I first got Bob, it was very very strange having him follow me into the bathroom to hang out. I don't ever, ever remember having someone else in the room when I'm 'doing my business'. The door was left slightly ajar and he just kicks it open with his paw or noses it open. Unfortunately, I wasn't in a position to do much about it at the time! He just sat and watched intently. I guess he figures, I watch him when he does his business so why not? Doesn't bother me anymore. You can pet them at the same time and get two things done at once!

One day though Bob decided he wanted to go do something else and turned around. Bathroom's small and he managed to close the door when he was turning around. He started to panic and bark. Again, not in a position to do much about it at the time. He had to wait. If ever loud noise was an inspirer for "regularity", that was it.
Old May 31st, 2004, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggette
Thanks Karin I will look it up.....Dr. said I might be able to avoid the operation by agressive glucosimine but we will see he also said don't let him run at high speed or play tug of war bad on the hips......lmao
Telling Buddy not to run fast is like telling a child with an ice cream not to lick it.....lmao Damn he is fast and there is no stopping him.
Ciara use to be that way too, I would cringe every time she got a case of the "rips"...racing around like a mad puppy on drugs! Well, she is on drugs but not that kind, oh good grief you know what I mean! Any hoot, over time we have learned from experience that we can still play our favorite games, only while lying down. She loves tug of war. A towel is still her favorite toy. ( She is so ungrateful, after all the toys I buy for her, she still loves the friggin' towel..LOL!) All games are the same except no running. I freaked when she chased that squirrel the other day. Her excersise is planned, quiet walks around a short loop near home. If she feels up to it, we do many loops. I have to keep her near home just in case. If she show's any sign of soreness I head home. It is hard to carry her 85# body to far. I am proud to say we have increased her distance lately and she still wants to go more.
Excersise is very important to maintain muscle mass. It is the muscle's that support her damaged bone structure.

Sorry for the long middle part. I tend to get carried away.
Please do check out Adequan injectable.
If I have to eat Ramen noodles exclusively to afford this product for Ciara I will do it. This is why she is still here....among other things but the main reason.
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:52 PM

LMAO at Bill!! Thats exactly it!! I think the little buggers know it too!!!
Really what can you do?