Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:22 PM

Puppies switched at purchase

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure what to do. I am pretty upset about something I discovered last night.

My son and I have been looking for the 'perfect puppy' for just over a year now. We decided on a Border Collie and have viewed so many, but didn't find that 'one'. 2 weeks ago we went into a pet store and they had border collies x labs for sale. Normally I wouldn't even think of purchasing from a pet store due to the some stories I heard. We played around with one of the girls and fell in love with her. I don't know what it was exactly but I knew that she was meant for our familiy. I took a picture of her with my cell phone and texted it to my brother. We told the ladies at the store which one we wanted and they told us to go up and pay and they would bring the puppy up. I paid and they brought up my puppy wrapped up in a blanket - we left and got busy with our new addition. I took her to the vet the very next day to make sure that she was healthy.

Last night I was going through some pictures of her that i've taken over the past 2 weeks, and discovered that the puppy I picked out is not the same puppy that I have. The markings on her face, as well as her one paw is completly different.

I didn't really notice until I saw the picture that I took of her in the pet store.

I dont want to return her, but I feel as though I was mislead. I'm not sure what to do in this situation. Daisy (puppy) is a good pup, she's already crate trained very well. she responds to her name and has a bond with my son and I. I haven't been able to shake the feeling of being mislead all day.

I called the store and they said I can't talk to anyone until Monday. The puppy I picked out has already left the store - they said that there is no way they can get her.

What should I do?