Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old January 13th, 2005, 03:02 PM
banned user

Have you checked where you lived before the condo... I'd start there. Ask the neighbours in that area also. He may have headed for his old home.

Very good point Copper's Mom
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:17 PM

im the owner

my new condo is in a different city about 25km's away from my parents house. I realize that they have a high pain tolerance and could be finding his way home, but that wouldve meant I wouldve seen dog tracks in the snow or someone would have probably seen him or he wouldve heard me or many other people calling for him while looking for him everyday. I think he is either far away or someone not caring has taken him or he has already passed. I believe he is not alive and in my parents area. We have looked a lot in that area and found nothing. Thats where all the posters are also. I dont think he wouldve made it to my condo. There is way too much city traffic to get there. Me and him were living there for 3 weeks and yes I did make him familiar with the new area for a couple blocks in every direction.
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Dez could be fine.
This reminds me of my friends dog,(GSDX) was hit by a pickup truck. He immediately bolted,
I chased him screaming his name, he ran into a wooded area.
There was blood everywhere, we all searched for him, but did not find him.
Then 2 weeks after the accident, (everyone thought he went to the woods to die) There he was!!! Standing at the back door!!!!!
His leg was in pretty bad shape, but after vet care and TLC he survived.
Hopefully Dez's outcome will be as good
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:22 PM
<-----nut ball

now...I just thought of something.

You used to live with your parents, but live in your own condo now right? And you parents have moved right?

Could he have gone to your old house? Dogs have an amazing sense of direction. I knew someone who had a dog they took to the toronto beaches one day. The dog got off her leash and ran away. 2 weeks later the dog shows up at her door in Scarborough!! I don't know how or why, but that dog found his way home. (very weird story).

I haven't read all your posts, so I don't know if you thought about that.

(opps...didn't see your last post)
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:40 PM

I live in Brampton....If i could help in any way,Im also the owner of a Pitt/cross and a 12 week old Staff

You can email me at:

jwilcocks2770@rogers.com
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:44 PM

im the owner

Happycats...thats a great story! Inside me I still have hope that he is alive and hopefully he will find his way home or someone will find him.
Ok here's the moving story. I lived with Dez and my parents in a city called Brampton. Whinnie-boo also lives in Brampton about 2 km's away from my parents house. My parents never moved. I moved to Mississauga into a condo about 25 km's south away from my parents house and lived there with Dez for 3 weeks. Dezmond was reported hit by a van about 5 km's south of my parents house 45 minutes after he escaped from Whinnie-boo's house.
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:52 PM

im the owner

deerclan...ill email u tonight with details of saturday morning's search party (10:00am at Youth Centre at McLaughlin/Elgin). im at work now.
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:12 PM

Ok! Saturday is great,If you get the chance please send a pic of Dez in the email also
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Check Mississauga Animal control website, and City of Brampton Animal Control website....several pits listed there.
Old January 13th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Senior Contributor

My thoughts have been with Dez for a couple of days now,I don't seem to be able to get him out of my head,I wish he could know how much we want him safe....Today it was +15C,maybe if he is not freezing he'll be able to go somewhere safe,but tonight it's going to be cold again :sad:
I just hope,if you find him on Saturday,he'll be given another chance to live,even if he is wounded,he sooo deserves it.Furniture,doors etc...can be replaced,a life once gone cannot be.
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

do not give up hope!

There were two collies missing in our area. After two weeks of looking, the owner finally located one that had come across the ice into a completely different area. They were amazed that she survived as this was around Christmas that the dog was lost. Do not give up hope bteves, Dez needs positive thoughts and prayers right now!
Old January 13th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Senior Contributor

deerclan, here is a pic of the beautiful Dez
Attached Images

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:14 PM

im the owner

Sorry about the red-eye everyone...his real eye colour is yellowish-greenish
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:23 PM

here's a good image

Im gonna have this one framed...I had the red-eye removed.
Attached Images

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:49 PM

great pics! love the solid colour and a very good looking boy.
Old January 14th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Dez is a beautiful boy.... :sad: I hope someone up there is watching over him and you'll find him :love:
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Senior Contributor

I have been looking for Dez, but haven't come across him yet. I am so very sorry that your poor bay is out there alone! :sad:

I must admit, if I was to find Dez I would be very leary to return him to you. Knowing that you're intentions are to try and place him in a new home with SA will more then end him up in the shelter and PTS. There are things that can be done for his condition. And sadly enough, it's usually the way they are raised that causes these conditions. It's kinda like bad parenting with children....they both can be corrected for the better.

I too have a pit bull. They get destructive when they are alone. They are VERY social dogs. They MUST have constant attention (or they think they'll die ). They need stimulating activites to keep them active while they are alone. Like kongs filled with peanut butter, yogourt, and treats... marrow bones... there are other activities that you can find on the interent too.

I think that as an owner you owe it to this dog to give him the benefit of the doubt. Get him soe training (does he have formal training?) Get him the help he deserves and let him spend the rest of his life with you. You owe it to him. He's been with you for eight years...
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Titleless

DEZ is alive and currently at the vet's office

DEZ was found outside of Whinnie's work this morning and she immediately called the vet and that's where he is now. He's lost weight, has some cuts, but overall, is alive and being taken care of.

Just thought I would pass it along. I'm sure Dez's owner will be here to post a little later about the good news.
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh StampDesign! I think I might cry! That's amazing news!

bteves, I sincerely hope that you continue to post here. Hopefully we can help you and Dez overcome the SA, adn be happy family.
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

If that is true,I am elated for Dez But seeing the way this whole business has been going,I am not convinced.. :sad: not that you have any obligation to convince me,but a picture of him in his present state would help...
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Titleless

Sammi, don't blame you for crying, it's awesome news. Whinnie was only at work for about 5 mins when the coffee truck driver approached her and said there was a scared pit sitting outside. She immediately ran out the door, tears down her face, hoping and praying it was Dez. Sure enough it was. She said he had some skin hanging from under his eye, paws were raw and had lost some weight. The best news is he's alive and being taken care of. Whinnie will keep me posted and in return I'll keep you guys posted.
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:55 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

OMG!!!!! What wonderful news!!! My stomach is doing flip flops!!! Hopefully Dez will be ok!!!
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:08 AM

that is very good to hear.
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Talking Horayyyyyyyyyy

I am sooooooooooo happy!!! I just knew in my heart that he was alive.
I just hope that Dez gets a wonderful home to spend the rest of his days,
He deserves to be in a better situation then he is in now.
hope vet gives him a clean bill of health!!!!!!!!
Jusy wondering, but how did Dez Know where Winnie worked........hummmmmmmmm?????
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

I just got the email from Whinnie and the dog park they go to sometimes is across from whinnies work. He must have either been there before or picked up Whinnies scent because nothing would surprise me. He managed to stay alive for 9 days thank goodness the weather has not been as terrible as it usually is at this time of year. Well between stampdesign and me whinnie will keep us informed as to how he is. Great news to start the day.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:51 AM
banned user

Tears in My Eyes

This is the best news that I have heard today

lets all try and help. Bteves if there is anything we can help you with please let us know.
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Senior Contributor

That is good news! And the fact that he went to a familiar place for help, to me, says he deserves all the more to live and wants to.
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM

Yayyyyyyyyy Dez!!!!! OMG he should get the biggest Kong ever! What a good good boy to find your way to help! Now is where we need to come up with good suggestions for Dez to help him. He may very well bond with Whinnie-Boo since he let her help him
Bteves if you need to rehome Dez think integration big time. Not just dropping him off.You need to stay with him in his new home and help. You have alot to think about.He is one special pooch!
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:40 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAMPDesigns
DEZ was found outside of Whinnie's work this morning and she immediately called the vet and that's where he is now. He's lost weight, has some cuts, but overall, is alive and being taken care of.

Just thought I would pass it along. I'm sure Dez's owner will be here to post a little later about the good news.

Wooooo Hoooooo

OMG.... Thank God! What great news. Keep us posted !

Please give the boy a and a from me!
Old January 14th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Titleless

I called Whinnie about an hour ago to see how she was doing. She had said that they (the vet) think Dez was struck by two different vehicles, no broken bones. He does have bruising around his ribs and the cut under his eye (didn't know if he had stitches). He is going home today, as they believe he's in really good shape. He was happy to see Whinnie when she ran outside to see if it was him. bteves was called and was at the vet's with Dez. I don't know much more detail, as I had called Whinnie at work and didn't want to take up to much of her time. She will e-mail me and Mastif and we will keep you all posted.