Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 12th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Senior Contributor

My new litter cabinet!

My best friends hubby works for a company that remodels kitchens. Now and then he is able to salvage a cabinet or two and he takes them home. He had this one but he didn't like how it looked on his patio so he asked me if I could use it. Seeing as my motto is "If it's free it's for me," I said heck yeah I'll use it.

He dropped it off this afternoon. The litter box fits in perfectly. I need to get a handle for the drawer, which is one of those kind that shuts by itself. The top is granite they had in their kitchen. I love it!

I may try to get a screen to put in front of the little open area or something, so you can't totally see the litter box and they can have their privacy.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Here are a few just for the heck of it.

As you can see here, Oksana wasn't in the mood to have Vlad near her.

Czari just being her pretty self.

And here's Maks and Kiska on the counter doing nothing in particular.

There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old January 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

OMG a granite topped Kitty litter cabinet!!! Your cat's got the shnit sizzle of toilets!!! My guys are very envious.....so am I
It's beautiful......OMG I'm calling a kitty litter box beautiful

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Senior Contributor

I got really lucky my friend's hubby was able to salvage this. I remember I always just loved their granite countertops! This color in particular I just loved and I was thrilled when he told me he'd been able to use his old countertop for this.

I'm going to ask him to be on the lookout for another one so I can put the box I have in the kitchen in one too.

I have to have them in these areas, so they may as well be in something that looks nice. And they seem to like the coolness of the granite because they've all taken turns laying on it.

Old January 12th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I'm sorry I forgot to say I love the kitty pic's too and Kiska matches the granite colour

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

Old January 12th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Senior Contributor

If you think Kiska matches the granite, have a look here:

Old January 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Kitty pimp

wow gee they cerainly dont like it to much do they?
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL, yeah they hate it. I love that it's just another place for them to take a little nap on. And we all know, cats can always use new places to nap.

Old January 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
If you think Kiska matches the granite, have a look here:

LOL I love how your granite matches your cats!!

Old January 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Senior Contributor

I remember when they got that granite. My friends hubby got it for free because his supplier had it left over from a job and it had some sort of imperfection. I just fell in love with the color of it and remember thinking at the time I would love to have something with that granite someday. I never thought it would be a litter cabinet.

Old January 13th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

pretty fancy litter cabinet .

I love the expression on Kiska's face in the counter picture. Looks like she is saying: "oh no, mom caught us on the counter."

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Senior Contributor

L4H, Kiska seems to have that look a lot when she's on the counter.

Old January 13th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Senior Contributor

oooh la la how purrty

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old January 13th, 2009, 01:28 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Nothing like kitty-matching granite tops to really spiff up the decor, eh? Kiska and Max really do blend in. Black, of course, goes with anything But what about Czari? We need some pics of Czari checking out the new counter top!

That picture of Oksana and Vlad is just a hoot! If looks could kill, eh?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Very nice! The colours were made for your kitties.
I have 2 boxes in cupboards I have redisigned to hide the boxes and another one in a cupboard I still have to put a front on. But none of them are as fancy smacy as yours.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 13th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL, I did manage to get some pictures of Vlad and Oksana on top of the cabinet, and one of Vlad inside, but I don't think you want to see that one.

Czari is very cautious about stuff, especially new stuff. She rarely goes up on the kitchen counter and only now and then will do so just to get up on the kitchen cabinets.

Old January 13th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Very nice! The colours were made for your kitties.
I have 2 boxes in cupboards I have redisigned to hide the boxes and another one in a cupboard I still have to put a front on. But none of them are as fancy smacy as yours.
I just got lucky, but I have to say, I think this is the way to go. I like that it's big enough to fit a large box, and I can probably get a bigger box in there as well. They don't feel like they are out in the open. The lack of door allows them some breathing space and it looks nice.

I was thinking of putting some sort of curtain up, but of course I nixed that idea. So now, I'm thinking of getting maybe a 3 foot tall divider and just putting it in front. I've seen decorative ones that look nice. This way it will give them like a little area, and the actual box will be pretty much out of sight.

Old January 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
I was thinking of putting some sort of curtain up, but of course I nixed that idea. So now, I'm thinking of getting maybe a 3 foot tall divider and just putting it in front. I've seen decorative ones that look nice. This way it will give them like a little area, and the actual box will be pretty much out of sight.
So why not put up a partial curtain using an old towel/teatowel or something? That's what I did on one of mine. It gives the kitty privacy and blocks the litterbox from view. Just have it down at the one end, leave the other end open.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
So why not put up a partial curtain using an old towel/teatowel or something? That's what I did on one of mine. It gives the kitty privacy and blocks the litterbox from view. Just have it down at the one end, leave the other end open.
I just don't think it would last long with those kitty claws. But they might surprise me and just leave it alone.. Maybe I'll give that a try and see how it works out instead of spending the money for the screen.

Old January 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
I just don't think it would last long with those kitty claws. But they might surprise me and just leave it alone.. Maybe I'll give that a try and see how it works out instead of spending the money for the screen.

This is what I did with mine. The hole is smaller to get in the cupboard but same principal. The dishcloth has been there now for about four or five months. None of the kitties touch it other than to move it a bit to get in.

Old January 13th, 2009, 02:38 PM
150% PRO S/N

picture didn't attach.
Attached Images

Old January 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, I see. I'll give it a try. I have some fabric remants that would work to try it out. I'll work on it this weekend.

Thanks! It will certainly be cheaper than buying a screen.

Old January 14th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats View Post
OMG a granite topped Kitty litter cabinet!!! Your cat's got the shnit sizzle of toilets!!! My guys are very envious.....so am I
It's beautiful......OMG I'm calling a kitty litter box beautiful
But it is beautiful!

Quote:
I got really lucky my friend's hubby was able to salvage this. I remember I always just loved their granite countertops! This color in particular I just loved and I was thrilled when he told me he'd been able to use his old countertop for this.

I'm going to ask him to be on the lookout for another one so I can put the box I have in the kitchen in one too.

I have to have them in these areas, so they may as well be in something that looks nice. And they seem to like the coolness of the granite because they've all taken turns laying on it.
That is amazing! I never thought I'd see a posh looking kitty litter like that! Are your kitties walking around with thie noses up in the air now and looking down at all the poor neighbourhood cats? *G*

Your kittens sure are pretty.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Senior Contributor

TQ they seem to enjoy their new cabinet. There's usually one laying up on top and I think I may get a box that has lower sides. I noticed they have to step up into the cabinet, then jump over and into the box. I don't want them to see that as being too much of a pain, so I may look for something lower.

I'd gotten that box because they just dig so ferociously they get litter all over, but since I'll be taking 14+'s suggestion and putting some kind of curtain, hopefully that will block some of the litter from coming out. Plus I have that little rug that catches a lot of the stray litter.