Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Gardening

Old July 16th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Pet Guardian

Lightbulb I need an anteater?

Not that it's even possible to get one, and I'm sure that the laws around here prohibit me from having one, but I could really use an anteater to live in my yard! I have the worst infestation of ants going on... if anyone wants an ant farm, I can supply you with plenty!

I thought this was a brilliant idea... completely chemical free and I wouldn't be stressed as the anteater would do all the work for me.

Ok, I think I just need one on loan; until all my ants are eaten. Then she wouldn't have enough food and would have to go elsewhere.

Anyone have one I can borrow?

Melissa

Edited to add: Moderator, please move to "Gardening" sub-forum. I wasn't thinking 100% clearly when I posted!

Last edited by dogmelissa; July 16th, 2006 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Moderator: Please move to Gardening sub-forum!
Old July 16th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe you could start a new business. Rent out your anteater, like those that rent out goats to keep the grass cut close. If it's effective, I'll rent it for a few days! Oh! Maybe I can't afford the transportation expenses!
Old July 16th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm in let me know. I want to rent one too
Old July 18th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Pet Guardian

How much would the rental of an ant-eater be worth to you guys? I know personally I've already spent about $100 on ant-killer attempts, plus my time, effort and stress. A week with an anteater would probably fix all that, in my mind.

Wish it was as easy as just going out and getting one. *sigh*

Oh sure, and I've just read that the Giant Anteater actually eats termites. Perhaps I need to get an aardvark... they're nocturnal and eat ants & termites, but they dig.

Damn, this plan is falling apart in so many ways! Guess I'll have to stick to the poison.
Unless one of you manages to get an anteater or aardvark rental, then please let me know!!!