Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20th, 2011, 03:01 AM

My Dog and Lymphoma :(

My Dog has severe allergies. His ears flaps were swollen and full of fluid and the insides of his ears were bad. He was given prednisone by mouth and drops for his ears. He bounced back. After the treatment was over he went downhill. Not himself, depressed, restless, laying on cold surfaces only by the back door, not eating properly and drinking waaaay too much. He always wants outside no matter how cold and will not come in unless we carry him in. I was petting him the night before our recheck with the vet about the progress he has made and noticed his lymph nodes were swollen. The vet checked all of his nodes through out his body, legs, shoulders etc. She looked at me and I said are you thinking Cancer? She said, well it appears that with all the nodes swollen that is probably it. She took a blood test and will call me early Sunday morning to see if there is anything bacterial..Waiting is killing us..We are pretty sure this is it Cancer though we hope it isnt..Chemo is an option but will not cure him...We are devasted by this as he is only 4 years old..He is our baby and our baby may be dying..

I want to know if Allergies, and some sites say that they do, if they cause enlarged lymph glands? Has anyone had any experience with this? Has anyone tried using K9 Immunity or anything that will build his immunity up. Is it strange that the vet is not addressing his severe allergies as the cause? We have never dealt with this before and any help would be so welcome.. thank you so much for listening..