Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM

hello

Hello:
I am the proud owner of a beautiful six year old shiztu named Katie(hence my name)- she is my baby and is a very well behaved little girl. We have been having a lot of trouble the last three months since her Dad died and I don't know what to do about it. Its very hard dealing with his being gone for myself, but I realize that Katie is feeling it very much too- a lot maybe since she spent her entire life never being alone, my husband was disbled and could not leave the house so Katie always had someone with her- and besides that - he was the "boss" of the house, not me- I was the one who did the walking and all the other good things we do together.......since he passed away tho- she has taken to barking at what seems to be nothing- and I think perhaps it was a mistake but having been on a leash from day one I decided for some reason to take her off it, and now I am having nothing but problems here. My life is not easy, but I am super stressing out about Katie- I know that she is not happy either, I want to figure out how we can both be again one day.
Katiegirl
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:52 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, Katie. Sorry to hear about your husband I'm sure with time and a little work, you and Katie will work things out.

We'd love to see pics of her if you have any to share!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Master of the Drool!

Welcome to the board!!! We would love to see pics of your girl.
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM

Hi again:
One thing I have found out reading all the posts on here- it seems to be alright to use your own name???My name is Terry- I was using Katie because I was unsure about whether to use my name or not- but there you go hey? I am NOT a puter-wise person here either.....I do have pics of Katie-but having said what I just did- you can understand that I do not have a clue how to post them-one of these days I will learn and then can do it I hope.......Thanks again for all the kind words all of you- Terry
Old April 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Master of the Drool!

It is up to you. I use my boys names as my user name here. But my name is Karly. When you click Post Reply scroll down alittle and you will see a "manage attachments" Click on that and it will open a new window for you to upload pics.
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:11 AM

Thanks Karly- I appreciate the help very much! Have a wonderful day!!!
Terry
Old April 24th, 2009, 08:05 AM

Welcome Terry. So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have Katie to be by your side. My Elliemae has comforted me soooooooooo many times.

As for getting your pics up, it took me weeks!
Everyone was very patient with me though, so no worries.

Courage is one step ahead of fear
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM

Thank you Miss Moe- I appreciate all of you who have responded to me- this is a great site and I feel very welcome here- there are very many really nice people in here- its wonderful.........Oh- I posted a pic of Katie in the dogs and dog behavior category yesterday and if I could remember how I did it I would do it here- however........thats another good question! But - you can see her there in all her glory if you are interested. She is my "life saver" as far as I am concerned, and it seems to me that we are slowly getting a little bit better as the days go by as far as the barking goes- thanks to all the wonderful suggestions I got!.........Terry