Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 27th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
weird...I was replying to a thread about the maine coon fella that cpeitra was saying needed a new home and then it said 'you followed an invalid thread blah blah blah....' ?? never had that before(maybe it was deleted as I was posting?)... but I was thinking if he still needs a foster home and someone here (other than 14+) could take him, could he get in on this kitten caravan? I am a big sucker for maine coons....
I am very confused because I can;t find the thread regarding Frosty...maybe they got it off the site because I am not a "real rescue"...Frosty can join the caravan, he is neutered, all up dated shots, etc...i will add a picture
Attached Images

Old June 27th, 2010, 09:37 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

cpietra - Your MC thread has disappeared. I just went looking. It does't even show up under "threads started by cpietra".

Ooops - you posted at the same time.
Weird. If that is the case someone should have let you know they took it off.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

ladies we need to know times....like what time is love4 leaving to meet chris,,should take approx 3-3 1/2 hours for love4,,,i will be on a limited timeframe as grace is on afternoons.
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:40 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
cpietra - Your MC thread has disappeared. I just went looking. It does't even show up under "threads started by cpietra".

Ooops - you posted at the same time.
Weird. If that is the case someone should have let you know they took it off.
I saw it when i logged on too, then poof gone,,,Marko was online awhile ago, sooooo, they don't warn you they just remove it i've had it done too.
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:41 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

We better get confirmation from kr first that she actually has lost her mind and is getting as bad as me before we make firm plans for Frosty.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Senior Contributor

L4H when do you want to meet up...I know you work during the day. I have my internship on Mondays and Wednesdays...and it seems like everyone can make the wednesday. I would have to come down on Tuesday evening..is that right?
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:45 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
ladies we need to know times....like what time is love4 leaving to meet chris,,should take approx 3-3 1/2 hours for love4,,,i will be on a limited timeframe as grace is on afternoons.
Will you be around after you take Grace to work or does she get the car? Or are you thinking so kitties can go to chicos?
Like I said - I'm home all day Wed (after picking up litter boxes and stuff in early AM anyway) so will be able to move any time. But I'm the end of the line so it doesn't matter to me.

Old June 27th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
We better get confirmation from kr first that she actually has lost her mind and is getting as bad as me before we make firm plans for Frosty.
we need confirmations ...really....wasn;t aware of that....I was just going to surprise her...early Christmas present...sort of...you know...yah thats it...
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:49 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
we need confirmations ...really....wasn;t aware of that....I was just going to surprise her...early Christmas present...sort of...you know...yah thats it...
Yeah but - last time kr (second last time actually) had an early Christmas present I got him. I don't have room for an extra present at the moment. I wish I did. He is a beauty!

Old June 27th, 2010, 09:49 AM
-

CPietra,,,this is a serious inquiry now,,Grace would like to know the real info on Frosty,,,age,size,,etc,,is he good with dogs, adoption fee...

14+,,once grace has left for work i am minus the car,,i'm thinking maybe go to Chico's for a lovely visit and if for some reason something gets delayed you lovely ladies could come here,,Chico loves smooches from Qman.
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:55 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
CPietra,,,this is a serious inquiry now,,Grace would like to know the real info on Frosty,,,age,size,,etc,,is he good with dogs, adoption fee...

With proper intros (separation) I would think they would do fine. How are your puppers with kitties? That would be marvelous if he could find a good home.

14+,,once grace has left for work i am minus the car,,i'm thinking maybe go to Chico's for a lovely visit and if for some reason something gets delayed you lovely ladies could come here,,Chico loves smooches from Qman.
If it comes down to that I could do that.

Old June 27th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Aslan, Frosty, is 2 1/2 years old. Happy, easy going, very sociable, and loves to be around people.Big Cat, I have to look into the dog issue though. I know my neighbors main coon is social with my Winnie...very easy going.
Frosty was in a temporary home with another cat and the lady said he wasn;t fazed by the cat or the new situation.
Last shot Frosty had were in Jan2010.
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:59 AM
-

14+,,,Bailey and Qman have both met cats before,,,bailey will initiate play and if frosty is the size of any of qmc's cats then he'll be bigger than Bay...Qman we'll have to teach " it's a baby"',,he gets a little excited and bounces,,,don't want to squish the kitty..K Grace is arguing with herself right now between moo kitty and Frosty,,,i'll get back to you. My allergies before anyone asks tend to be better with longhaired kitties.
Old June 27th, 2010, 10:04 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
14+,,,Bailey and Qman have both met cats before,,,bailey will initiate play and if frosty is the size of any of qmc's cats then he'll be bigger than Bay...Qman we'll have to teach " it's a baby"',,he gets a little excited and bounces,,,don't want to squish the kitty..K Grace is arguing with herself right now between moo kitty and Frosty,,,i'll get back to you. My allergies before anyone asks tend to be better with longhaired kitties.
Let us know who wins - Grace or Grace.
That's great! But you would still have to do an intro with them to be on the safe side. Sounds like a perfect solution for Frosty.
I gots to get my butt in gear. Lots of building to do!!!!!!

Old June 27th, 2010, 10:17 AM
-

lol,,,we're so way ahead of you,,,,the spareroom is where kitty would be put for a few days so they can smell each other under the door,,,then babygate in the doorway,,,bailey would sit at the door and cry..she is already making a kittyproofing honey doo list for me.
Old June 27th, 2010, 10:24 AM
banned user

Whooo Hooo..way to go! you guys are great!
Wish I could have helped out with this one, but seems like you have it all under control....if you run into any snag just let me know and maybe I can switch things around
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Aslan,Maine Coons are usually very laid back,my favorite kittiesand Frosty is beautiful,I think he would be a great choice for the puppers,you and Grace.

cpietra,I thought he was the Maine Coon looking tabby you got from Cashtins Kin,way back

Also I cannot take a kittenwish I could,it was just wishful thinking
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
L4H when do you want to meet up...I know you work during the day. I have my internship on Mondays and Wednesdays...and it seems like everyone can make the wednesday. I would have to come down on Tuesday evening..is that right?
That is right, I will keep momma and babies for the night and leave first thing on Wed morning.

On Tues about noon would be good to meet at my place as I can use my lunch hour as part of my time off work to get back home.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
This thread has taken off so quickly I feel like I am dealing with a used car salesman....not sure how it happened but Alsan now has a kitty, Krdahmer now has a main coon, CHico I think may have a tabby...L4 may end up with two...is that right...so 14+....you may not be getting any

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Did you hear about the lady stopped for having 15 cats in her car? I am scared now

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 27th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Senior Contributor

don;t worry L4H...we only have 8.. and each kitten only represents half a cat so technically we only have 5. By the way can you pm me your address and postal code so that I can see what my travel time will look like...thanks
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:05 PM
-

....Mrs Klutz (me).....fell last night on my fake hip and I can barely walk, albeit with lots of pain ......buuuuuuuuuuuuut, I spoke with my g/f this morning about this situation and she is willing to drive ....she is quite the when she drives, akin to Aslan

Since she will be driving and not me, she will take the 401 which makes things easier for the meet and greet I think ......so, depending on what time L4H wants to meet up that will determine what time I can hook up with Aslan.

L4H - if push comes to shove can you not keep Frosty in the garage for the night, it isn't cold overnight.

I have two small carriers that I was taking with me when Ethel and I venture out to Gerri's over the summer....I could bring those and if the kitties are cramped on the leg from L4H's we can do the transfer when we meet up...my g/f has a Jimmy so enough room for all.

L4H - You're looking forward to meeting me ....just look for the scraggy ol' girl that can hardly take a step without yelling "Oh F***"
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
~Cat Servent~

Well if Grace loses (or wins??) I was volunteering to foster him. And I'm like you Aslan, my allergies are much better with the longer haired kitties, not sure why. I could pick him up from 14+ on wednesday (keep in mind though I cannot foster-failure again or Smoke might have a heart attack!) A maine coon would be perfect for the doggies...they're very easy going and just big sucks...just like the puppers! And if you were to say take that little moo there Aslan... an older kitty brother would be perfect to show kitten the ways of cathood!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Contributor

I will have a dog carrier or similar to make their two hour drive as comfy as possible. Frosty will have a whole crate to himself. Unfortunately I will not be able to leave them behind as they are borrowed. Will that be a problem?
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
....Mrs Klutz (me).....fell last night on my fake hip and I can barely walk, albeit with lots of pain
Oh No
......buuuuuuuuuuuuut, I spoke with my g/f this morning about this situation and she is willing to drive ....she is quite the when she drives, akin to Aslan

Since she will be driving and not me, she will take the 401 which makes things easier for the meet and greet I think ......so, depending on what time L4H wants to meet up that will determine what time I can hook up with Aslan.

L4H - if push comes to shove can you not keep Frosty in the garage for the night, it isn't cold overnight.

I have two small carriers that I was taking with me when Ethel and I venture out to Gerri's over the summer....I could bring those and if the kitties are cramped on the leg from L4H's we can do the transfer when we meet up...my g/f has a Jimmy so enough room for all.

L4H - You're looking forward to meeting me ....just look for the scraggy ol' girl that can hardly take a step without yelling "Oh F***" It's not how you look that makes you special, it's how kind you are.

Frosty, if possible, will share the kitten nursery with momma (let me know, cpietra) or they can be separated if need be, a huge bathroom for Frosty, and a huge bedroom for momma and babies. Besides, the garage wouldn't be enough to keep Mr Sniffer Jasper from knowing there is a male around. Hopefully it won't be raining Tues night so Jasper can get outside to spray . I had Panda Bear (remember the black and white sweetheart I trapped last fall) in the kitten room and Jasper didn't really mind.

I would prefer NOT to change carriers in transit, too risky with kitties so I will figure something out so they all fit in.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Last edited by Love4himies; June 27th, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM
-

Me kind.....nah, I'm the sort "kill 'em all and let God sort them out"...

Whatever you decide on switching carriers L4H is good with me....I wouldn't attempt it with any doors or windows open....like I said though, whatever you see fit.

I'm off to munch, if I don't get back on today, I will be on in the morning, although there isn't much else I can do besides watch TV
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
I will have a dog carrier or similar to make their two hour drive as comfy as possible. Frosty will have a whole crate to himself. Unfortunately I will not be able to leave them behind as they are borrowed. Will that be a problem?
No problem, remember with Rose, I couldn't fit your dog carrier in my car. I have a small carrier and a large one that fits in my car that I am giving 14+ kitties, that way no changing of cats outside on the side of the hwy.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 27th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor

i am now feeling like crap....im sorry Aslan.

I just got a phone call from the lady who has Frosty and she now decided to keep the cat.She panicked, i guess, when I told her that Frosty will be going to Ontario into a a good family...I think she never thought of Ontario as an option...I am so freakin sorry.

Not sure how her new boyfriend will handle the allergies, but I couldn't talk her into rethinking this thru...again I am sorry.
Old June 27th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Well cpietra,if she wants to keep him,she must love him,right,although I am sure he would have had a good home with Aslan and Grace.
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Maybe ask again on Monday just in case she changes her mind again .

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)